Will this ever heal correctly without much scar tissue?

So I'm about 1 month post gyno surgery. My right side looks really terrible and I'm Not sure what went wrong. My doctor isn't being very clear with what went wrong and kinda just shrugs it off when I ask about it. Does it seem like it will heal correctly with not much scar tissue and what could of went wrong. Under that scab is an actual hole in my chest. The scab is about to fall off but there is no signs of new skin underneath. Is there anything that I could do to help this healing process

Healing and Managing Scars 1 Month After Gynecomastia Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear.
Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.In the future, if you are concerned with scars, with your surgeon's approval you may be able to use scar management treatments such as Biocornuem,  Scar Guard, Scar Fade,  IPL Laser,  Yag Laser,   5fu/Kenalog for thick scars, or silicone sheeting. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Nipple necrosis

Are you a smoker.  First question.  Skin loss is common in smokers  otherwise the nipple flap was too thin.   Wait it will heal better than it looks now 

James Apesos, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon