One deep line under each eye. (photos)

What are these deep lines under my eye? I've had them since a child, my dad side of the family has it so it's obviously hereditary but what exactly is it called & how can I get rid of it? Is blepharoplasty an option?

Doctor Answers 4

One deep line under each eye. (photos)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your questions and photo, This i can easily treat using stem cell injections fat transfer for under eyes for the supportive fat pads then it is the best way to combine stem cell enriched fat transfer to the lower eyelids. Because removing the excess skin tissue will not solve problem by itself but lead to depression in the lower eyelid.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 102 reviews

Tear trough fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question. You appear to have what we call deep tear troughs. These can easily be corrected with fillers in the office with little downtime. The fillers help reduce the appearance of the lines and the dark circles under the eyes. You'll see an immediate improvement. My preferred filler for this area is Restylane. One syringe may be sufficient for the treatment. Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon who can help rid you of the lines. Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Under eye filler is the best option for this.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I personally do not like the smooth fillers for this.  I do not recommend Restylane Slik, Belotero, or Juvederm for this.  I think that Restylane, a fussy product to use, is hands down the best option for this area.  You are asking someone to sculpt your face.  They need to mold product to get a satisfactory result.  Do your homework on the right injector.  It is really all about the injector.  To give you an idea of how hard it this can be, I have patients in my Beverly Hills practice who fly in from New York, London, and Dubai for this service.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Deep Tear Troughs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  You seem to be an ideal candidate for filler to the tear trough.  This procedure done in the office can fill the hollow area under your eyes to remove the deep line.  I usually like to use Restylane Silk or Belotero for this area known as the tear trough.  Make sure to schedule a consultation with a board certified injector who has experience treating this complex area.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.