I am 4 days post FUE operation now.

I want to ask : is it necessary to shower everyday my doctor told me to shower everyday with Jonson baby Shampoo but I am scared to lose grafts... So if no scabs and I am using saline spray is it possible to shower every other day or every tow days?

If your doctor gave you a specific recommendation and instructions, then it is best to follow it. If you don't want to

If your doctor gave you a specific recommendation and instructions, then it is best to follow it.  If you don't want to, contact your doctor and let them know why.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op care

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is it necessary to shampoo hair everyday after FUE

loaimz,I would recommend that you listen to your doctor. At my office, we have the patients return the next day to check their hair transplant and shampoo their hair. We also reiterate the post op care instructions.I  recommend my patients shampoo the hair twice per day after the procedure. Using special shampooing lathering the non-transplanted hair and applying the suds gently to the transplanted area. Avoid sideways motion, and use only gentle up and down light shampooing until 7 days after the procedure. At this time the scabs start coming off. If need be you apply vitamin E oil or K-Y jelly to the scabs one-two hours before shampooing to ease the scab to come off.
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op care

Each doctor may have their own routine for post op care.  But in general you need to wash very gently, with no rubbing for the first seven days  .All washing stages should be performed daily ; softly using palms, with no pressure .  7 days later you may start massaging the recipient area by using your fingertips because  after  15 days there should be no more traces of dried blood or scabs on your scalp. 
All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon