Coolsculpt after TT 6 mos ago to release tight skin to revise scar.Will it leave my smooth but full looking belly lumpy? (Photo)

Still have abdominal "fullness" or fat where my upside down V shaped incision is. My scar is not even on one side. The Dr says my skin is too tight to move the scar and is going to try to reduce the fullness or fat above it with Coolsculpt to hopefully loosen the skin so he can then move my scar down to match the other side . Will this work or could it make my belly not smooth but bumpy? I have been unhappy since the minute I saw the results and it has never gotten better over time as I was told it would.

Coolsculpting

It is difficult to tell from this picture if you will be a good candidate.Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after tummy tuck

It's difficult to tell from the photo if you are a candidate for Coolsculpting or not, but I would say that if your tummy is "too tight"  then Coolsculpting may not be an option and would certainly not loosen any skin. Consider a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that also does Coolsculpting to find out it that is an option or what else may be.  Best of luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting after tummy tuck

I would recommend against a coolsculpting 6 months after a tummy tuck in your case.  This is unlikely to make any difference as your skin is too taught.  You may even have residual swelling even 6 months delayed.  If there is still fullness from fat, it could be reduced with liposuction or non-invasive techniques that don't require tissue flexibility like ultrashape or sculpsure.  Get a second opinion if you are unsure.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon