Breast lift with upper pole fullness?

Is there a way for me to achieve lots of upper pole fullness with a breast lift alone? I wear a 34DDD so implants are out of the picture, and my breasts have quite a bit of fullness to them, but just hang pretty low.. Is there a way for me to get a lift alone but have the look/fullness of an implant?

Breast lift

It really depends upon what your breasts look like to determine whether or not you can achieve the look you desire. Commonly, I perform a lollipop type incision lift to minimize the scarring.  Best of luck.

Breast lift with upper pole fullness?

Thank you for the insightful question.  You will find that it is very challenging to maintain the upper fulness of breasts with breast lifting surgery alone.  My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully based on lots of examples that you will be pleased.  Hopefully, you will be pleased with the outcome of breast lifting surgery alone; if not, a second stage breast augmentation procedure can be done to achieve the upper pole fullness you desire. Best wishes

Upper pole fullness in a breast lift

If you are satisfied with the size of your breast then a breast lift alone sounds appropriate.  There are various techniques.  The one I really like is to "auto augment" the breast, by using the tissue at the bottom to fill the area at the top.  An additional technique is to perform fat grafting to selectively augment the top portion of the breast.  

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Dr Shortt strives to provide the best plastic surgery possible and is one of the top ranked plastic surgeons serving Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Burlington, Milton, Hamilton, and the GTA.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Upper Pole Fullness

You will likely need an implant to get ultimate upper pole fullness no matter what type of lift is performed. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift With Superior Fullness but No Implants

If you have been considering a Breast Lift  and want more superior breast fullness, but are not comfortable with introducing artificial material into your body, you may want to look into the benefits of breast augmentation with fat transfer. An alternative to breast implants is fat transfer also known as fat grafting or lipoinjection. This technique allows women the option of enhancing the appearance of their breasts without the potential problems of saline or silicone implants such as hardness, rippling or rupture.
Who is a candidate?
  • Any woman who is healthy
  • Women with sufficient body fat for the procedure
  • Women considering breast lift or breast augmentation who wish to be one cup size larger or less
  • Women who have had breast lift, augmentation or reconstruction but who lack fullness or have contour concerns. Fat transfer can further enhance and reshape your breasts while smoothing out visible or palpable edges of breast implants. This will disguise implant rippling and wrinkling.
  • Women with normal mammography

Breast Lift No Implants

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift. Pictures would be helpful.

A breast lift will usually make breasts perky, but it takes breast implants or a push up bra to give upper pole fullness.

To be sure what might work for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Upper pole fullness

Hello and thanks. A breast lift without an implant can give you some upper pole fullness but not to the degree of an implant.  A breast implant retains its shape and exerts its effect on  the surrounding breast tissue. Without an implant the fullness can be attained but it is not as long-lasting. A small implant can be used in patients with large breasts. 

Hope this information helps. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Breast lift with upper pole fullness

Hello and thank you for your question. A breast can result in a perky shape with upper pole fullness in the right patient without needing an implant.  Based on your description, you are likely a good candidate for this procedure.. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

There are some techniques during breast lift which may achieve some upper fullness without implants- it depends upon your exam.

A consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast lift result

A breast lift always improves upper pole fullness. Generally it is never as much as what an implant can do, but it can be a great natural look. Discuss your concerns with potential surgeons and look at their before and after photos to help guide you with your choice . Good luck.