BA, Is revision needed? (photos)

I had a BA 6 months ago, size 375 moderate. Not sure if the breast settled as it was supposed to. Need a second opinion if the revision needed, I'm not happy with the result. PS says everything is good.

Revision for Breast Augmentation

Based on your pictures, it does look like the placement for your implants is too high up. At this point they should have settled or “dropped”.  However, it can take up to a full year for some patients. I would recommend contacting your plastic surgeon and another plastic surgeon for a second opinion. An in-person examination will help determine if you need a revision procedure.  

Implant Drop

Thank you for the question and photos. Your breast implants do appear to be sitting a little high still. I recommend that you visit with your Plastic Surgeon to share your concerns and discuss options to lower them.
All the best

Breast Augmentation and position

Thanks for your question and for the photos.  It appears that your implants are too high causing the downward appearance of your nipples.   I would return to your implanting surgeon to see if they feel lowering the implants will solve your issues.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast issue

Based solely on the photos, the implants look a bit high and the nipples look a bit low. There could be several reasons for this. Preop photos would also help, implant types used would be nice to know as well. An exam in person is key.

Breast Augmentation

I am not sure what about your breasts is displeasing you and how your expectations have not been met.  See if you can define exactly what it is that you don't like and have a frank discussion with your plastic surgeon about what you need.From my point of view looking at your photos I can't find much to criticize.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Problem

It appears that your breast implants may be "riding" a little high. What incision was used for the placement of the implants? In the next six months with massage, soft tissue relaxation, and time, the implants may drop into better position. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Revision of BA

I would recommend you see another board certified plastic surgeon for an opinion and a direct examination. An in face examination is more accurate than photos. By the photos you have shown, your nipple position appears low on the implant. What the best is for you need now would be determined at that examination.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Implant settling.

It appears that your implants are riding high.  I would speak with your plastic surgeon and ask if there is some expected settling yet to occur.  If the implants have completely settled then it would appear that lowering the implants in the pocket would give better position and balance to the shape of your breasts.  It often takes several months for settling to occur however.

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Revision needed?

Hi
You don't mention specifically what it is you do not like and so it is difficult to say if revision could achieve your goals.You must say exactly what it is you do not like so that a surgeon can tell you how likely they are to be able to deliver the result you desire. It might have been poor communication about what to expect that has led to your dissatisfaction with the result you have now. Please discuss in full with your PSbest wishes

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon