6.5 weeks post op/breast aug. and my right breast look wrinkled on the bottom and has a slight sent by my nipple area. (photo)

I saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago and he said I am exactly where I should be at a month and that my implants are still riding high and need usually about 6 months to fluff and drop. I noticed my right pocket is also lower than my right which wouldn't bother so much if the breast didn't look they way it did. They are quite different. I had tubular downward breast before. I am away they will not look exactly alike Need Another opinion. Below are photos before, post op, and currently. Thank you

#breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery #breastimplants

Hi michelleanna, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your breast augmentation surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our breast surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.

Summary of Healing Process

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps. ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff. SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.You are doing well to listen to your doctor, and make sure that you attend all of your follow-up exams during the healing process. Best of luck!

Possible redo breasts augmentation

Dear Michelle,    Thanks for submitting your before and after pictures . Your before picture appears to have level 2 ptosis with large areolas and the right crease is higher than the left one. Your post operative pictures show level 2 ptosis on the left side and double bubble on the right side. Both breasts have larger areolas than preoperatively. It appears that your surgeon lowered your right crease  for symmetry , however the band did not stretch creating double bubble.    As we say in plastic surgery, "there are many ways to skin a cat" , meaning  that there are different ways to improve on your breasts, which hopefully were discussed with you before surgery. My approach would have been totally  different . I would have recommended to you breasts augmentation with mini lift (donut, Benneli) which would have given you perky breasts with smaller and more attractive areolas. It also would have  prevented the double bubble .  Be it as it may, at this stage I would recommend to wear a bra with a wire on the right side 24/7 for 2-3 months, in order to , hopefully, raise the right crease and improve on the double bubble , as well as create more symmetry. If no improvement occurs, you should discuss with your surgeon the option of inferior capsulorrhaphy (internal bra) to raise the crease. At the same time you might consider doing the mini lift procedure , which will give you more beautiful and youthful breasts.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                 All the best,                                     Dr Widder

6 weeks post op. Advices:

thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Implants

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing photos. Congratulations on your surgery as well. Your breasts look great and they seem to be healing normally given the amount of time its been since your surgery. You need to be patient your breasts will settle with time. Attend all your follow up appointments and follow all your surgeons post op instructions carefully. Regards,

Breast augmentation

I agree with your surgeon. Your implants are still riding high which is appropriate for one month post op. Give it more time. Follow up with your surgeon and follow their recommendations. Good luck!

Breaset augmentation

Thanks for posting before and after photos. Yes you had some constriction in the lower pole and they look pretty good at this time.  You have to give it more time to settle out.

Periareolar incisions

You had your implants placed through an incision on your areola.  Nothing to be alarmed about at this stage.  The sutures that were place will begin to dissolve on the inside and your "scars" will stretch over time.  

6.5 weeks post op/breast aug. and my right breast look wrinkled on the bottom and has a slight sent by my nipple area.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I see your area of concern but you are early in your recovery and your breasts will undergo significant changes over the next several months as your breast tissues stretch and relax from the constricted appearance prior to surgery.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon to ensure appropriate implant placement and for them to provide you with reassurance, but hang in there, you should see steady improvement in your areas of concern.  Hope this helps.