5 days post-op abdominal liposuction. Is this the start of an infection or is this normal? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Liposuction - pain and redness around sutures at day 5
- Please contact your own surgeon.
- Worsening pain and redness always suggest an infection.
- Or you may be allergic to the sutures or to the antibiotic ointment.
- See your surgeon and let her/him treat you.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
The best advice I can give you is to call/visit your surgeon asap to discuss your concerns. Use of abx ointment can cause some irritation to the area along with bandages, but this can only be determined by your surgeon in person.
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
Thank you for your question.
Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon