4 weeks post op Lipo, not any noticeable results. Clothes fit same. When will I see results?
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction - when do I see results?
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- It sounds as though you had a good deal of fat removed
- But it can take longer than this to see results.
- Give yourself at least six months.
- Healing after smart lipo tends to be harder and longer because the heat burns the under-surface of your skin, making you feel tight.
- For now, ask your surgeon about massage and start to exercise gently so you don't gain weight.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Liposuction and results at 4 weeks
The early results of liposuction are typically apparent at 4 weeks(sometimes sooner when large deposits are treated), although skin retraction is not complete until about 6-8 weeks. Individuals who are more active early on may have prolonged swelling. Weight gain during the post-operative period can also be counter productive. Numbness is not uncommon and usually resolves within a few months.
Liposuction techniques and tools vary among surgeons and subsequently healing, bruising and final results can be variable too. Best to avoid tight clothing, strenuous exercise and to wear your compression garment if you are experiencing prolonged swelling.
Dr. Pedy Ganchi Village Plastic Surgery
Lipo at 4 weeks
At 4 weeks you short start seeing the results. Most swelling will go away in 6-8 weeks, but it can take 4-6 months for the final result to be evident.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.