4 weeks post op Lipo, not any noticeable results. Clothes fit same. When will I see results?

I had Lipo of upper lower abs, lower back and flanks. I was told 2650 cc's of fat was removed. It's been 4 weeks. I barely see any changes. My clothes feel the same. I'm still numb and have the feeling of being constricted (I had smart Lipo) and tight everywhere. shouldn't I see results by now?

Liposuction - when do I see results?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• It sounds as though you had a good deal of fat removed
  • But it can take longer than this to see results.
  • Give yourself at least six months.
  • Healing after smart lipo tends to be harder and longer because the heat burns the under-surface of your skin, making you feel tight.
  • For now, ask your surgeon about massage and start to exercise gently so you don't gain weight.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction and results at 4 weeks

The  early results of liposuction are typically apparent at 4 weeks(sometimes sooner when large deposits are treated), although skin retraction is not complete until about 6-8 weeks. Individuals who are more active early on may have prolonged swelling. Weight gain during the post-operative period can also be counter productive. Numbness is not uncommon and usually resolves within a few months.

Liposuction techniques and tools vary among surgeons and  subsequently  healing, bruising and  final results can be variable too. Best to avoid tight clothing, strenuous exercise and to wear your compression garment if you are experiencing  prolonged swelling. 

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                          Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Lipo at 4 weeks

At 4 weeks you short start seeing the results. Most swelling will go away in 6-8 weeks, but it can take 4-6 months for the final result to be evident.