1ml syringe of juvederm. Do I look well portioned & will it remain the size of results I saw seconds after injection? (Photos)

Had restylin done in April Hated it loved instant result next day swelling was huge love it then 3 days later couldn't notice now with juivderm ultra no swelling really and has stayed the same consit shape and size .. Will it remain my results after 3 days ??

Swelling after filler

It is common to be swollen after filler product.  Often the swelling will subside in a few days to a week.  Give it a a week or two and then reassess.  

1mL of JVD. Do I look well-proportioned & will it remain the size I saw seconds after injection?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  In most instances it takes between 2 and 4 weeks for your lips to settle after filler placement. This allows the material to absorb water, soften, and the tissues stretch to accommodate the increased volume. I typically use JVD Ultra Plus for my lip injections as I get longer-term results.  Hope this helps.

Fillers

Restylane causes more initial swelling than juvederm. All hyaluronic acid fillers are hydrophilic and absorb water over time i recommend staying well hydrated. HA fillers also help collagen to grow so it often looks better over time. It's hard to say if the three day results will be exactly that way long term there might be some post procedure swelling at that time that will go away. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after Juvederm

It is common to have swelling after filler injection in the lips. The swelling should subside in a few days. You should see full results between 2-4 weeks after injection. I would wait 4 weeks to assess your final results. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Juvederm

It is best to assess your final results two weeks after the injection.  At that time the product should be settled and the swelling subsided.  Swelling can vary between products and even between injections.

Camille Cash, MD

1ml syringe of juvederm. Do I look well portioned & will it remain the size of results I saw seconds after injection?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. It is certainly possible that are still swollen and your lips may look less full once this subsides. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma XC Works Well For Nonsurgical Chin Augmentation

From your description it is much more likely that you would be better served by the use of a robust filler, such as Voluma XC, that typically yields gratifying and prolonged results. Ordinary fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane, frequently the mainstay injectables of medspas and novice injectors, are better suited to treating simple smile lines than for augmenting the chin. Volumizing fillers, such as Voluma XC or Radiesse Plus (my favorites for this region in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice) or Emervel Volume and Hyaluronica 2 (my choices in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved volumizers and fillers are available) are better suited to achieving the appropriate lift and projection to the chin and for providing more sustained results. And finally, the amount of material needed to achieve a satisfactory and prolonged result will depend upon your individual needs and should not be measured by the syringe. Chins, particularly in males, where a broader chin and more projecting chin is preferable, typically require more than one syringe to achieve a satisfactory aesthetic response. Good luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD