16 days post op, no midline, deep pain in the middle of the chest, synmastia? (photos)

Hi I got a BA 16 days ago, had an A cup mildtubular breast. Right postop I felt pain in my sternumarea in the muscle felt it was pulledoff the bone. Then I got a dark bruise on the same spot (1st pic) Now 16d postop and I have no midline, the implants arent defined. It hurts and I can push down the tissues to the bone and I feel a pulling feeling. Q: do I have synmastia? Or the tissues covering the chest bone were lifted so I have no line? Igot 425 cc shaped under muscle. Thanks.

Symmastia and breast augmentation

Your photos do not seem to indicate your have symmastia as there is a clear separation of the breasts.  It is not unusual to experience some pulling and soreness in the area as the muscle is partially lifted when creating the implant pocket. If you are still experiencing pain at 16 days, it's important to visit your surgeon to undergo an evaluation.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                       Village Plastic Surgery 

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia or Breast Placement After Surgery

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Any of the following may be post-op difficulties, about which it is best to contact your surgeon directly:

·       Excessive bleeding (hematoma) and bruising

·       Reduced sensation of #nipple

·       Deflation/rupture

·       Capsular contracture

·       Wrinkling/rippling. Palpable and/or visible

·       Firmness, and distorted appearance

·       Interference with breast feeding

·       Mammogram interference

·       Cost for revision surgery if necessary

·       Calcium deposits in the tissue around the implant

·       Breast tissue atrophy/chest wall deformity

·       Hypertrophic scarring

·       Tissue loss

·       Infection requiring antibiotics or implant removal

There is always the potential for revision to be done if placement is not completing on time, but you should likely visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated to ensure whether the healing progress is moving along well. Good luck!

Symmastia

Nope!  Your breasts are clearly separate from each other.  Not all women can have well defined midline cleavage or breast crease after augmentation.  Much of that depends upon the anatomy that one starts with.  In the meantime, rest assured, there is no deformity here.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

No symmastia

It does not look like you have symmastia. The midline is very well defined. Some pain may be related to muscle elevation during surgery. If concerned, speak to your surgeon.