Should I be worried that one breast is firmer than the other? (Photo)

I had a BA on 7-01-16. Prior to my surgery I was an A cup/ small B & got 550 saline implants. Everything seems to be normal but within the last couple of weeks it feels like my left breast is a little more firmer than my right breast. It is also more uncomfortable for me to sleep on my left side. It just feels like my left breast is more constricted than the right. I had my 3 months post op about 2 weeks ago and my surgeon says they look great. Should I be worried?

Firmer breasts

Just firmness by itself is nothing to be concerned about as what you describe is a common occurrence in many patients. In fact, it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates.

You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to feel and appear more natural, softer, and rounder. For some patients one breast can drop and become softer within the first 2 months, while the opposite breast requires 6 months or longer.

With persistent inward and downward breast massaging, along with pole wraps, the breasts 'drop and fluff'

Patience is key!

Firmness could also be a sign of capsular contracture which appears in different grades of severity. It is possible that you may have grade 2 which is the mild form of capsular contracture, where the fibrous capsule around the implant restricts the implant's movement causing it to feel firmer and harder.

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully. Their post-operative instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details.

Hope this helps