TT & Lipo of abdomen at same time?

I am so scared if getting botched. I contacted a surgeon in the D.R. he suggested getting a TT with "mild" Lipo of the abdomen. When i expressed I was scared of tissue death he said "we do it everyday it's completely safe" anyone have any experiences with these two sx at the same time (good or bad)

Liposuction is often combined with Abdominoplasty to assist with contouring. This is also referred to as lipoabdominoplasty. I offer supplementary liposuction as a component of all my Abdominoplasty procedures- unless a patient has so little body fat that it is unnecessary. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon with plenty of experience in this area.

All the best

Tummy tuck & Lipo of abdomen at same time?

Generally speaking, liposuction is a tool that is often used during the time of tummy tuck surgery. Different plastic surgeons utilize this tool differently; some are more “aggressive” than others. In my practice, I frequently utilize this tool to treat adipose tissue of the flanks and pubic areas during the tummy tuck procedures.

In your case specifically, whether or not you should undergo liposuction surgery will depend mainly on your goals;  if you are concerned about adipose tissue of the flank or back areas, best to have the liposuctioning performed. 

I would suggest you spend additional time discussing your goals, plans, and expectations directly with your plastic surgeon, in front of a full length mirror.  Working together you will come up with the best plan to achieve the desired outcome.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Tummy tuck & liposuction

A tummy tuck and liposuction are two common procedures performed together, there is usually little risk in combining the two during one surgery as long as the patient is in good health and the surgeon performing the procedure is a skilled, board certified plastic surgeon. But I must add, I would highly recommend that you have your surgery done in the US by a board certified plastic surgeon. This will reduce your chance of complications and health risks. If you go to a doctor in a foreign country such as the Dominican Republic, the quality of care and medical standards are a lot lower. If you develop some type of complication after surgery you may not be able to travel all the way back to be examined by your original plastic surgeon. Just something to consider. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon