Who Should I Go to in NY for a Revision Rhinoplasty?

My nose is destroyed. This will be my third rhinoplasty. Basically my nose is too short and I have exposed, large nostrils. I look like Ms. Piggy which was not the case previous to my first surgery. I am looking to find the best person to help me. I am aware of Dr. Gunter in Texas and Dr. Toriumi in Chicago but I am looking for someone in NY. I've found Dr. Rizk in NY and he has had lots of publicity but I'd prefer information form doctors. Does anyone know if he is a good person to go to?

Revision Rhinoplasty in New York

Revision rhinoplasty is arguably the most difficult procedure in all of plastic surgery.  Many noses requiring revision are both functionally and aesthetically compromised, and it is critical that a rhinoplasty surgeon be comfortable with fixing both.  

Complex issues such as an overrotated tip with excessive nostril show require extensive grafting to lower or counterrotate the tip and lower the nostrils.  Ear cartilage is helpful but often too weak for many advanced techniques. Comfort and experience with rib graft harvesting, carving, and, most importantly, utilization (i.e., where and how to use each piece) are critical in the cartilage depleted nose.

It is therefore important to find a surgeon that performs a large volume of revision rhinoplasty cases.  There is nothing inherently wrong with publicity, but unfortunately, publicity alone is not a guarantee of surgical competence. 

Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Doctors in New York

You have received a response from a nationally known and respected authority on revision rhinoplasty (Steven Pearlman, MD).  I know him personally, and would recommend him without hesitation.  Also, if you are willing to travel to Albany, NY, I recommend Edwin Williams, III.  They are both known for outstanding work, and they teach "fledging" facial plastic surgeons advanced techniques.

Christopher R. Hove, MD
Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty NY

Rhinoplasty is a very delicate procedure.  Revision rhinoplasty is even more difficult than primary ones.  Sometimes things can be corrected and sometimes they can not.  Without an exam, I can not say what could be done to correct your problems.  Good luck.

There are a number of very good revision rhinoplasty docs in NY

Revision rhinoplasty is a very complex procedure and should be performed by someone who does this as a large part of their practice. There are a number of doctors who perform quality revision rhinoplasty in New York. You mentioned one such individual. Others include Drs. Minas Constantinides and Thomas Romo. You can also consult my website on revision rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD