Do you think I can get results with surgery in the Dominican Republic? (Photo)

I said i wouldn't post pics of myself. But I want some honest opinions. I contacted Dr Tania median and she said she "couldn't promise me any results". I am getting a TT, and want a breast lift without implant and Lipo of my back arms and thighs. Do you think I'm too big to get these procedures??? I've attached a current and a wish pic

Mommy make-over in the DR?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over in the DR.

• I believe it is foolish to have any major surgery in a foreign country unless you speak the language, have met the surgeon or a family member can vouch for the surgeon's abilities, can spend 2-4 weeks in the country in case you have a complication and will have someone with you during that time to help you.
  • You are overweight and having a lot of surgery - you are at higher than normal risk for serious complications.
  • The DR does not have the quality of hospital or nurses found in the USA.
  • There is an FDA advisory against travelling to the DR for any surgery.
  • It is smarter to save the money until you can have surgery nearer home in the USA.
  • That said, a lot of people are doing this because it is cheap. And I am sure some do fine.
  • So you need to make this decision - whether for you it is worth the risk.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

PS

Thank you for your question and your photo.

Real-self is a great platform to find good surgeons in DR. i recommend you to contact various PS and ask them there opinion about your case.

best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Traveling Out of the Country for a Mommy Makeover

This is a very good question. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measure.

Therefore, it may be in your best interest to not #travel out of the country for such procedures. Unless, you know the doctor or facility where the procedures take place well or have a previous experience with them, there is an increased chance of problems, #complications, or #emergencies which may lack the necessary attention as you would acquire easier within the United States. 

Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your tummy tuck. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work.  Hope this helps.

Do you think I can get results with surgery in the Dominican Republic?

Hello dear, thanks for your questions and provided information as well. In the dominican republic you can find really good doctor to achieve the look you want. I recommend to start making researshes and to choose a board certified plastic surgeon to performed your mommy makeover. Is really important to know that even if you have some wish pictures, every body shape is different event if you think is the same, As a surgeon I put all my effort and do my best on each surgery, so my patient can be really happy. Remember that having all these procedures done at once will depend on your health condition.  Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD