Why Do I Have So Much Numbness Following my Mini Facelift, Implants and Blepharoplasty?

3 weeks ago I had a minilift, mid face implants, upper and lower blepharoplasty and a revision on my nose and I have alot of numbness on the left side of my face and left upper lip which extends all the way across my cheeks to my scalp. I also have numbness in my right scalp area between the right eye and scalp. Is this normal after 3 weeks? Will I recover full sensation and if so, how long will it take? Is this a typical for 3 weeks out? Why is my left side more affected?

Numbness Following Facelift with Additional Procedures

Numbness or muscle weakness following a #facelift is not uncommon.  When the skin is separated from the underlying tissues during #surgery, small sensory nerves are cut. Varying degrees of #numbness will be present after surgery and will improve gradually as the nerves reconnect to the skin. This process can take from 2-6 months for face, neck and cheeks, and to 9-12 months for the forehead and scalp. Muscle #weakness may also be present around the mouth especially if liposuction is used. This typically recovers fully in the months after surgery. If you have certain concerns about the procedures and #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Hello

It is completly normal to have numbness 3 weeks post surgery. It takes nerves 6-12 months for them to regenerate. You need to address your concern with your PS so he/she is able to tell you what to expect.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)