Hi would it be wrong or rude if I asked too have more taken off my arms after a arm lift? (photos)

Hi Iam a few months out from a arm lift and my doctor did do a great job from where my arms were before but as all the swelling has gone down I can start too see sagging underneath and one arms wobbles a lot when moving more so than the other . Am I being too picky if I asked if he could take more off I just feel I've come this far and spent this much money I did t expected too have wobbly arms still,also not too keen on how big my elbows are looking still. Just don't want too offend my surgeon

Recovering After Arm Lift in Melbourne, Florida

Of course, it is always recommended to discuss concerns such as this with your board-certified plastic surgeon. Having said that, since you are only a few months out from your arm lift, I would recommend that you give your surgery a full year to heal and settle first since taking excess skin from the arms does not change the quality of the remaining skin. It is fully expected that your skin will continue to age and lose elasticity with time at the same rate that it otherwise would whether you have had an arm lift or not; therefore, it is expected that there will be some degree of settling with time after an arm lift. This is not a reflection of your surgeon’s work, but merely a reflection of your body’s own skin quality and healing. I have found that my Melbourne, Florida, arm lift patients appreciate communication in this regard so that we are all on the same page with regard to postop expectations after an arm lift. I hope this information is helpful. Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after a brachioplasty surgery

Do you have a follow-up appointment? If so, it may be appropriate to wait until then to discuss your thoughts with your plastic surgeon. They are the best ones to give you this type of information and review your expectations.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Ask

Hello, it would not be wrong to discuss this with your PS. Every surgeon handles revisions differently, so an open discussion about your concerns and all options should be had. I am sure that your PS would want you to be happy with the end result. Good Luck. 

Revision

I think if you phrase your concern to your surgeon exactly how you did on this forum, he or she would not be offended. We are all perfectionists and going back to tweak the results is sometimes a good option.

Arm lift - can I ask for a revision?

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.

• You have a very nice result and I am glad you like your surgeon.
  • I can't speak for your surgeon but I never mind if my patients ask for more.
  • (Once a problem is a lot better, it is natural to want even more.)
  • He probably removed all he safely could remove - 
  • And you are swollen.
  • Wait a full 6 months from surgery - then ask about having a revision, assuming you think one is needed still.
  • If you needed the arm lift because of significant weight loss, it is possible the skin itself has lost its elasticity and the result you have is the best one possible.
  • But never be shy about asking - 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS