Recovering After Arm Lift in Melbourne, Florida
Of course, it is always recommended to discuss concerns such as this
with your board-certified plastic surgeon. Having said that, since you
are only a few months out from your arm lift, I would recommend that you give
your surgery a full year to heal and settle first since taking excess skin from
the arms does not change the quality of the remaining skin. It is fully
expected that your skin will continue to age and lose elasticity with time at
the same rate that it otherwise would whether you have had an arm lift or not;
therefore, it is expected that there will be some degree of settling with time
after an arm lift. This is not a reflection of your surgeon’s work, but
merely a reflection of your body’s own skin quality and healing. I have
found that my Melbourne, Florida, arm lift patients appreciate communication in
this regard so that we are all on the same page with regard to postop
expectations after an arm lift. I hope this information is helpful.
Best of luck!
Loose skin after a brachioplasty surgery
Do you have a follow-up appointment? If so, it may be appropriate to wait until then to discuss your thoughts with your plastic surgeon. They are the best ones to give you this type of information and review your expectations.
Hello, it would not be wrong to discuss this with your PS. Every surgeon handles revisions differently, so an open discussion about your concerns and all options should be had. I am sure that your PS would want you to be happy with the end result. Good Luck.
I think if you phrase your concern to your surgeon exactly how you did on this forum, he or she would not be offended. We are all perfectionists and going back to tweak the results is sometimes a good option.
Arm lift - can I ask for a revision?
Thank you for asking about your arm lift.
- You have a very nice result and I am glad you like your surgeon.
- I can't speak for your surgeon but I never mind if my patients ask for more.
- (Once a problem is a lot better, it is natural to want even more.)
- He probably removed all he safely could remove -
- And you are swollen.
- Wait a full 6 months from surgery - then ask about having a revision, assuming you think one is needed still.
- If you needed the arm lift because of significant weight loss, it is possible the skin itself has lost its elasticity and the result you have is the best one possible.
- But never be shy about asking -
Always see a Board
Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth
Morgan MD PHD FACS