Laser hair removal. Scam machine? Or just super new and modern? (Photo)

I have just had my 3rd Laser Hair treatment. It takes maybe 2 minutes. They slide the device in big long strokes down my back. It doesn’t hurt at all. I can see flashes, but they never pause on a particular area, or spend any time pressing and flashing individual parts of my back. Treatments are just 3 weeks apart, and the hair SEEMS to grow back the same and not fall out afterwards (hard to be sure given it’s my back though). Is this just the best, most modern machine ever, or a scam? (Pics below).

New laser or scam?

Hello, thank you for your question. Looking at the photo, I cannot tell what kind of laser that is by the photo, but looking at the 2 hand pieces at the top it appears to be an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) device, not a laser.  Laser is definitely a lot more effective than an IPL device. There should definitely be heat associated with the treatment and 2 minutes seems very fast. 

Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal, possible scam

Hi there, I'm not sure what type of machine that is from your pictures but I have never heard of a large area such as the back being treated in 3 minutes. Additionally, it sounds as if you are not getting any results. After 3 treatments you should notice some patchiness and hair loss and you should be experiencing some warmth and discomfort.

Laser hair removal for back should take 10-15 minutes minimum

I can't see how a laser can treat a back in only 2 minutes. I can't tell what the laser type is but I have never heard of a laser treating that quickly. There should be some warmth and mild discomfort as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD