Boob lift or boob augmentation? (Photo)

have just stopped breast feeding and my boobs have severely sagged. Previously was a small c or large b and was happy with that size but now I am a D cup because of the sagging even though they aren't actually that big. I just want to know what I would be better off doing.

Boob lift or boob augmentation?

Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Breast lift vs augmentation

Breast sagging after pregnancy and breast feeding is common.  It will take some time for your breasts to recover so its important to wait around six months or so before undergoing surgery.  At this point you can assess your breasts and decide whether or not you just want to add volume or whether you want to address sagging and volume.  If you don’t want to significantly increase your breast size than a lift may be your best option down the track.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Breast augmentation

It appears to me that you can get away with just an implant, please consult with a board certified PS,best of luck!

Breast Lift or Augmentation

Judging from the one picture you sent, it appears that you have enough volume to have a full C breast if you undergo a breast lift.   If you wished to be larger , than an implant could be placed at the time of the lift.   Generally it will take 8 to 12 weeks for your breasts to return to their pre pregnancy/breast feeding state.  At that time you may notice increased volume loss and greater skin excess.  If that is the case, you may be more likely to want an implant.   Consult a board certified plastic surgeon with breast experience to get a definite surgical plan which will meet your desired goals.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Breast Lift or Augmentation - which is it?

In my practice, the right choice of procedure for any patient will depend on the answer to a few simple questions;1-Do I like the size of my breast? If the answer is yes, then augmentation is out of the question (even if your doctor tells you that you need implants to lift your breasts). If the answer is that my breasts are too big, then the answer is you need a reduction (still no implants). If the answer is that I would like to be bigger, then any procedure should include an augmentation.2-Do you like the shape of my breasts? If the answer is yes, then any lift is off the table and return to question 1 for volume discussions. If the breasts are sagging, then you need to decide if you get only a lift (if the volume is fine) or an augmentation-mastopexy (for small breasts) or with a reduction (if they are too big).a few caveats:1- Breast implants do NOT lift breasts, if anything they make sagging breasts sag more!2-Breast lifts will reduce the volume a little bit.3- There are many different techniques for breast lifts and augmentation mastopexies, be sure that your physician has a great deal of experience and that the results you see in their photogallery looks like what you want.If you would like more information on this, please read my book "Cosmetic Breast Surgery - A Complete Guide from A to Double D".

Robert M. Freund, MD

Lift / Augment

Hello there Well firstly your breasts will take about 6 months to recover from breast feeding and you will probably drop some weight in that time .So your current breast appearance is unlikely to be the same as when you are fully recovered from the pregnancy . Once your body has settled it will be appropriate to decide whether the sag is bad enough to bother you and a lift is required , as well as whether you feel you need an increase in breast size with an implant .So just get back into your usual body shape and then have a consultation and be assessed .

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Lift without implants

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with an implant

Lift vs implant

If you want your breast fuller and are happy with the shape of them, then an implant will be fine. Keep in mind an implant will only "fill our breast up" it will not "lift them up". They will look just like they do now, they are just bigger and fuller with an implant only. If you feel this will meet your goals, then an augmentation should be fine. If you are unhappy with the position of your breast and feel they are too low, then an implant will likely not satisfy you and you will want to consider the lift. A lift will "lift them up" and put them in a higher position, change the size of the areola and "lift" them off of your chest. Often times both of these procedures are combined to achieve an optimal result. By lifting them and adding volume, the breast will not only sit higher on your chest but will also have the nice fullness from the implant.
Dr Scot Ennis

Lift or augmentation

Thank you for your questions and photograph.  Breast sag after pregnancy, weight gain and loss, and after breast feeding is quite common.  A breast lift is a terrific option for correction of breast sag.  Should you want more fullness, specifically in the upper pole of your breast, you may want to consider an augmentation.  I wish you good luck.

Breast surgery

It is best to wait 3-6 months after the conclusion of breastfeeding before having breast surgery.  Your breasts will continue to change now that you are through breastfeeding.  It is best to evaluate the need, or lack thereof, for a lift once these changes are complete.

Camille Cash, MD