18 months post pregnancy and breastfeeding. Breasts small/saggy/asymmetrical. (photo)

Lost 50 lbs post pregnancy and now have small saggy asymmetrical breasts. When I stretch the skin it tents out.. What procedure(s) would I need to get the look I've attached in pictures?

What do I need to have done?

Thank you for your question and photos. If you would like a size increase than an augmentation alone may accomplish your goals. Your case is 'intermediate' for needing a lift - and this can only be determined during an in-person evaluation with a physical exam. I would recommend a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so specific recommendations can be made. Good Luck and congrats on the weight loss!

Implants +/- lift

You look like you need implants and may need a small lift as well. It is hard to say for sure without an exam.

18 months post pregnancy and breastfeeding. Breasts small/saggy/asymmetrical.

An in person exam is necessary for accurate advice. Based on your photos you may need a breast lift in addition to implants. Please read the link below to learn more:

Post Pregnancy Breast Woes

While physical exam would be helpful, it appears from your photos that you have slight asymmetry and marginal ptosis. Breast Augmentation alone may be all you need. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a breast lift. A breast lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs,  should have a  nice outcome with breast augmentation / lifting surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Post pregnancy breast augmentation

First of all congratulations on your pregnancy and weight loss thereafter.  While a lateral view of your chest would be helpful to see the position of your nipples compared to your breast fold it does appear that you would be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation.  The lateral view would help determine if a lift is necessary or not. I suspect from the single photograph that you probably do not need one.  Even if there was a question of requiring a lift it would be possible to place the implants below the muscle initially and at a later time if you so desired have the lift performed.  Please make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and congratulations on a successful pregnancy. A full examination would be helpful to determine exactly what procedure you would benefit from. From the pictures you have submitted it appears as though your nipples are still above the breast crease. In that case a breast augmentation would help to restore volume. It would still be wise to consider a lift if the current position of your nipples bother you. 

Best Wishes 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician