7 days after dog ear removal, any suggestions? (photos)

7 days after dog ear removal extended scar to remove lose skin at both sides , started swelling dose is this normal ? Should I put my old binder on to try and reduce swelling or just leave alone

Swelling 7 Days Post-Op

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Suggestions Following Dog Ear Removal

Dear Jkwow,

Thank you for your pictures.  It appears that you have standard swelling after you procedure.  A garment can provide control of your swelling.  Ask your plastics surgeon if he or she believes that the garment would be helpful.  Best wishes.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Healing process

I would say using your old binder would be good but you should check with your operating surgeon to be sure that is what he or she recommends.

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon