Can rhinoplasty be effective for my nose type? (Photo)

I wanted to get a nose job and was told that I should get rhinoplasty since my bridge is fine and only the tip of the nose is big? Would rhinoplasty make my nose smaller? I am aiming to get a natural look without visible cuts on the side of my nose, is that possible?

Rhinoplasty without scars

Great question. To fully answer your question specific to your nose, photographs that show the front-on, profile, and oblique views of your whole face would be needed. To address your question of changing a nasal tip without scars, this can be done using an endonasal rhinoplasty technique. Rhinoplasties performed using this technique utilize incisions/scars hidden inside your nose. The nasal tip can absolutely be refined in this way. You should seek out a surgeon with endonasal rhinoplasty experience and skill. 

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Can rhinoplasty be effective for my nose type?

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about being a candidate for a rhinoplasty, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure. Most patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty to ensure that all of the components of the nose are in balance with each other, an  the entire new nose balances with the patient's facial features. All of the required changes to the nose can be performed with a closed rhinoplasty approach which involves incisions placed on the inside of the nose and avoids all external incisions. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. With the photo being limited I can only give a general answer. From what I can see of your nose, a tip rhinoplasty should address the concerns you have. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon and they will be able to address your concerns and help you come up with a plan that will help you meet your goal. 

Dr. Marcus Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nose

smix, of course you can get a natural look but I cannot tell what you need based on a photo nor can any other rhinoplasty specialist. I would guess that you would benefit from alar rim reduction with your rhinoplasty but should this be the case it should be staged (meaning done after your rhinoplasty) for several good reasons. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has great photos. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I would have to see a full face and other views to determine what would be appropriate for you. Best of luck.