I was thinking about having non surgical rhinoplasty to amend the drooping nose tip I have! Any suggestions? (Photo)

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

Dear Ren17,

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can address very specific issues:  it can give you a straighter, more even nose by removing depressions, eliminating bumps, and even changing the appearance of the tip and nostril size and shape.  But it is not a substitute for surgical rhinoplasty and it cannot reduce the size of your nose.  From the limited photos you sent, it seems as though the tip droops because there is tissue above it that protrudes.  Surgery would reduce that protrusion and naturally elevate the tip. I do not believe that BOTOX will work because BOTOX is for an overactive muscle that depresses the tip when a person smiles.  Your trip droops at rest.

I would be happy to see you in consultation to address this in more detail if you like. 

Dr. Michelle Yagoda

Non Surgical Nose Job for Droopy Tip

Hi and thanks for your question. From the photos, it looks like you would be an excellent candidate for the Non Surgical Nose Job procedure. It would involve a careful injection of fillers and a little Botox into the tip to lift it and give it nice definition. In my practice, I prefer to use Voluma or Radiesse for lifting the tip. Voluma will give the maximal duration of effect and Radiesse will give the maximal lift. Sometimes I will use the two in combination to get best of both effects. Lifting the tip non surgically is tricky, so be sure to find the person in your area most experienced with injecting the nose. Also, be sure to ask for before and after photos. Hope that helps.

No More Nose Droop--Non-Surgical Nosejob with Botox and fillers

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your desired results. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) could be used to improve symmetry of the nose and they can be used to lift the nasal tip along with Botox. However, nasal tips need contouring with surgery to get the most improvement. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty treatments may not be helpful for improving a droopy nasal tip.

Based on your single profile photo, rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for hump removal and tip rotation for a smaller and less distracting nasal appearance. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well For Raising & Straightening Droopy Nasal Tips

I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs with injectable volumizing fillers for about fifteen years. Originally, they were used for camouflaging bumps and humps of the nasal bridge. With time, these procedures have also become routine in experienced hands for straightening and elevating droopy nasal tips. For this purpose, I prefer the Italian Technique For Reshaping The Tip Of The Nose and in my Upper East Side Manhattan office, I use Restylane Lyft. In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available, I typically opt for Hyaluronica 2. . The entire procedure should take no more than about two minutes to perform. The results are immediate and typically evoke an immediate "Wow!" response. Make sure you seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in nonsurgical nose jobs and be certain to ask to see his/her before and after photos before proceeding.  

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Liquid rhinoplasty

Hello and thanks for the picture and question!

You could get some filler placed in the nasion area which is the area on the superior nose between the eyes. Usually it's the lowest area on the nose. This will make your nose look shorter. 

Hope that helps!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician