There is a gap in my right ear. Can anything be done to make it more 'rounded', like my left ear? (Photo)

My right ear has a part missing which completely different to my left ear which is normal, is there any surgery you can perform to solve this?

Doctor Answers 1

Unusual ear deformity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This is a difficult ear deformity to surgically correct since it involves both a lack of cartilage and skin coverage.  I would seek a plastic surgeon in a university setting to evaluate the problem. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.