I'm 15 months post-op and my boobs don't seem to have dropped as I would have expected. Do I need a revision? (photos)

Also the scars are very red and raised. Is this normal or do I need to see my surgeon about a revision? I went from a 32B cup to 30e with 400cc and have been massaging them with dermatitis silicone scar gel twice daily for a year.

I'm 15 months post-op and my boobs don't seem to have dropped as I would have expected. Do I need a revision?

I think that a revision could be pursued at this point and the scars could be revised at the same time.

15 Months Post-Op, Have Implants Settled

Well, I thank you for your question and definitely understand your question. While it usually takes 2-3 months for implants to settle into place and for swelling to reduce, there is always a chance that some patients may have a longer healing process.

However, it does appear that there may be a bit of asymmetry in the results you are seeing at this point, which can be one of the risks of plastic surgery.

Some of the cosmetic complications may include the following: You may not be fully satisfied with the appearance of your implants; implant size issues, prominent scarring, asymmetric or undesired appearance or placement of  #implants or hardening may interfere with patient satisfaction.  Asymmetry (unequal breast size or shape) may occur.  The implanted breast may  #sag or #droop (ptosis) over time, much like a natural breast.  Very rarely the implant may change position or break though the skin, particularly if you have very thin breast tissue covering the implant. (This is more common with saline implants). complications do occur even for the best of surgeons and cannot be completely prevented.  Make sure you are comfortable with the risks and complications of this procedure and that all your questions are answered by our staff.

ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT INFECTION, BLEEDING, SWELLING, FEVER, EXCESSIVE BRUISING, OR ANY NEW AND SUDDEN CHANGES IN THE FEELING OR LOOK OF YOUR BREASTS/IMPLANTS.

15 Months Post Op

Yes, unfortunately it appears that your implants have not dropped. At this point you will require intervention from your surgeon. Red/raised scars can be treated with silicone sheeting or possibly steroid injections.

All the best

Not as expected?

Thanks for this important question. I suggest you return to your plastic surgeon for a full examination. I do agree one of your breast implants is higher than the other and the shape is even suggestive of a possible capsule contracture (CC). A CC can only be diagnosed through a physical examination and your surgeon can determine if it is or not. Your surgeon can also address scar revision and consider using Embrace which can prevent this from recurring again. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I think that in manner of scars, you heal very well but you may be having pigmentation problem which can happen in some cases to some patients. If you have your implants under the muscle, a revision cannot do much because that's your pectoral box, they will be the same, but if you locate them in a sub facial position, they can have a natural appearance as you want it to.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Please follow-up with your surgeon

Yes, please re-visit your plastic surgeon to finalize a treatment plan to allow the dropping of the implants, and to address the red, and raised scars..

Your surgeon may release the inframammary fold or release the capsule or pectoral muscle at the lower pole. This will allow the implants to drop and symmetrize..

For the scars, your surgeon may do a scar revision surgery to excise the raised scars, and inject them with kenolog injections to flatten them. The redness may be addressed with laser therapy.

Please consult with you surgeon to determine your options.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD