After Juvederm injections 2 weeks ago I have tiny visible lumps - will they go?

I have been back to see the practioner and he injected something into them but a week later they are still visible . what should I do ?

Hello Jeffrey,2016,

It is not expected to have visible lumps 2 weeks after injection.  If they are visible, they can be treated with an enzyme injection called hyaluronidase.  This is likely what you had injected.  If this did not do the trick you may need more.  Continue to follow up with your injector.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm lumps

The practitioner probably injected hyaluronidase to try and dissolve some of the lumps.  It is possible that you may require more.  Please return to him for further treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lumps from Juvederm

Since the lumps have been there for more than two weeks you may need to have them dissolved with Vitrase. I would return to your treating physician for examination. Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm and lumps

A photograph with angled lighting will help us. At 2 weeks its touch and go, you can try firm massage. If they are still there in one weeks time, revisit your Specialist as we can use an enzyme to easily and safely dissolve Juvederm. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Lumps post Juvederm- treat with Hyaluronidase or Incision & Drainage.

It can take 2 weeks or so for the lumps to go down.  They can be treated by incising and draining out the acid, or dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Lumps can happen anytime to anyone, and does not necessarily mean that the provider did anything wrong.  Sometimes, these can be smoothed out with pressure, but hyaluronidase should take care of it in a few days.

H.L. Greenberg, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologic Surgeon