Warned Against Rhinoplasty Revision, but Can I Get Injectable Fillers?

I had a nose job years ago..I was awake because he did not need to do the brige..He pulled out some bone so my nose would not point out when I smiled and cut some cartlige under my nose.So their is more space..I still dont like my photos..I have nice eyes and my nose does not match. A wondeful dr told me if he touched it would collapse like Michael jackson..Will injectable fill work on the tip..Do you think some one good can cut my tip off a tiny bit and use the filler? my nose is pointy too and when I smile it goes down a little..Will injections work on me?

Doctor Answers 3

Fillers can work on top but cannot improve tip droop with smile

Briella of Marin,

Hello. You need to have further consultation. From your description of the original surgery, it does not sound like your nose is in danger of collapse. Such collapse is more likely if you had major internal surgery, to correct a breathing problem.

Fillers may well be the way to go for the tip; that can best be determined by a demo test.

The tip droops because a certain muscle which runs from the base of the nose to the lip needs to be released. Cannot be accomplished without surgery.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 85 reviews

Here is the deal.....


The nose should not collapse so I would suggest you see a few other "wonderful doctors" so you can get more opinions.  Without seeing you or your pictures, its impossible to say if a non surgical nosejob would be advisable in your case or not.  However, don't just take one doctor's suggestion.  See a few Rhinoplasty Specialists in person or email them photos and see what real options you have.  Its a shame to go through a Rhinoplasty and not be happy with it if you had reasonable expectations to start with. Good luck.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 105 reviews

You can get injectable fillers in the nose.

You can get injectable fillers in the nose if you have been warned against surgery.  It's important to go to a specialist that has skill in injecting filler in off-label areas.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.