Can my nose be made normal by plastic surgery? (Photo)

i got abnormal nose by birth . at the age of 11 my nose had operation now the nose as shown in photo

Doctor Answers 3

Nasal surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, there are several possible surgical techniques which could help you.  In order to make accurate recommendations in your case, I would recommend an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

Reconstructive Nose Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and photo.  Reconstructive plastic surgery can accomplish many great things including correction of nasal birth defects.  An in depth examination and discussion would be needed to figure out what reconstructive nose surgery procedures are needed.  In certain cases, rebuilding the cartilage framework using cartilage from your ribs can be performed if the underlying cartilage framework is too deformed.  Skin repair is also possible through a variety of ways.  Even patient who have complete absence of the entire nose can have, through a series of procedures, a new nose reconstructed.  The key to your reconstructive efforts will be to find someone that has experience in doing so and then creating a plan going forward.

Good luck on your nasal reconstructive journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 173 reviews

Reconstructive rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for question. The photo is far and slightly unclear. It appears that your nose has lost support and collapsing in the middle. A rhinoplasty can make this better, how much better depends on the degree of scarring and remaining structures etc. A rhinoplasty surgeon can give you more details after a full assessment. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.