Why Does my Nose Looks So Little After Rhinoplasty?

it even looks like i don't have a nose at all !! this picture was taken 1 day after removing the stuff from the nose, which means 8 days after the surgery.

Small nose after rhinioplasty

It is difficult to give you an answer without seeing preop photos. The nose may look shorter because the dorsum was taken down?

Small Nose after Rhinoplasty

A pre-op picture would be helpful, but normal swelling after the surgery makes it difficult to evaluate your nose. Discuss this with your surgeon and/or get a second opinion from another surgeon as that swelling resolves.

Nose Too Small After Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is a complicated operation and it is very easy to take away too much.  This is called over-resection, and can lead to collapse of the nose if too much is removed.  The tip of the nose shouldn't't be below the bridge when viewed from the side.  Currently this is what it looks like from your photo. This normally will progress with time. I would discuss this with your doctor.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Nose looks so little after rhinoplasty

A before photo would help discuss better. But my guess is either over resection or nasal collapse. Seek other opinions NOW! Sorry.

Changes in the nose after rhinoplasty

Without before and after pictures, it is very difficult to give you any specific advice.  Depending on patient expectation, you may think your nose is smaller or larger that what you were imagining would happen with surgery.  You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

David Shafer, MD

Nose too little after surgery.

It is difficult to say since I don't know what it looked like before. Discuss this with your surgeon, since most noses are swollen after surgery and get smaller. Get a second opinion from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.