Nose Hump After Getting Kicked. What Should I Do?

Hi! Im 16, turning 17 in 4 months. Last april, my best friend kicked my nose. How? I have no idea. But it was a pretty bad impact & every single day since my nose bleeds a bit(sometimes just pink juice but normay blood) it doesnt just pour out, it happens if i blow my nose. Ive always had a slight bump on my nose but you can only see it if i turn about 45 degrees to the right. Any other angle you cant see it. Long story short.. It hurts alot. What procedure should i use someday? Healing time? $ ?

Doctor Answers 3

Nose Hump after Nose Injury

You will probably need to have corrective surgery to remove the bump.
Nasal trauma that deforms the nose should be examined by a Plastic Surgeon or  ENT/ facial plastic surgeon to see what has been injured, that there is no septal hematoma that may have to be evacuated,  and to evaluate if  there is a nasal or septal fracture. It is far easier to repair any injured cartilage or bone displacement in the first few weeks following an injury.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 159 reviews

Bleeding and Nasal Hump after Trauma.

There is no urgency to treat the nasal hump. However, I would consult with an ENT specialist, a plastic surgeon, or a facial plastic surgeon to evaluate the cause of intermittent nose bleeds which obviously is not normal.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

What options are available to fix a bump or hump on the nose?

I am sorry to hear about your nose injury. The bump or hump on your nose typically requires surgical repair. The intermittent bleeding you're experiencing can sometimes be related to a fracture in the nasal septum. Bending or fracture of the nasal septum can cause excessive dryness on one side resulting in occasional nosebleeds. This can be repaired as part of a septorhinoplasty surgery. Given your injury and nosebleeds, I would recommend that you followup with a Facial Plastic Surgeon for further evaluation. I hope this helps.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 129 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.