Can my tattoo be completely removed or removed enough so it's not visible? (photos)

I got a new tattoo on june 25th and I dont like how it came out. The artist didn't listen to me and I've been really emotionally upset. I haven't been sleeping or eatting well. It a colorful and on my lower arm. I hate it so much can anything be done? I know laser removal may not work with my colors and thought about getting it cut out but money is kind of an issue.

Pico Lasers

Colors used to be difficult to treat but there has been new advancements in technology. My preference for laser systems is Pico laser technology and with the PiQo4 laser that has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to target 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 sessions on average. I have been practicing tattoo removal for 20 years.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal

The PicoSure laser should be useful in treating this tattoo. You just need to be patient.  I think that most if not all of the tattoo can be removed, but you never really know until you start.  The yellow is the hardest part to remove, and the fact it is on the forearm makes it take a longer to remove. I wait until a tattoo is 3 months old before starting treatment

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Multi Color Tattoo

Tiffers-
There are some very bright colors here and by the appearance I think a Ruby laser in addition to an Nd:yag with high peak power will be needed to remove this tattoo completely. Multiple wavelengths of laser will be needed. We utilize the Astanza Trinity system (2 lasers, 3 wavelengths, highest peak power of any on the market including the Picosecond lasers). I disagree that you need to wait. Tattoo removal can begin as soon as the skin has healed from the tattoo procedure itself. You can email Astanza laser through their website- they will tell you who has this system closest to you geographically.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Pico Lasers

Hi Tiffers,
We use a new Pico laser that actually removes colors.  Reds and blues do come out but may take quite a few sessions.  The greens are the ones that are more difficult.  Some new filters are coming out this Summer that can target the green colors better.  From the picture it looks like your tattoo is blue and red so it should lighten up with the right laser.
See if anyone in your area carries a Pico Laser and specifically mention the colors.  These lasers are fairly new and expensive so you may need to travel a few miles.  Best of luck!

Tattoo Removal

The PICO laser (using a 532 AND 755 hand pieces) would be the best option for your tattoo removal. You typically need to wait 3-6 months after getting a tattoo to begin treatment. The 755 hand piece would treat the blue and the 532 hand piece would treat the other colors. Everyone responds differently to the treatment. Results and fading varies with every patient as well, depending on how long the tattoo has been there, what kind of ink was used, and how deep the tattoo artist went..etc. The personnel performing the procedure will assess each time you are being treated and adjust the laser according to how you are responding to treatment. Best of luck to you!

Peter H. Grossman, MD, FACS

Tattoo Removal and colors

This type of tattoo may be more difficult to remove of the bright colors used. Present day lasers should work well like the Alex Trivantage. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green