Recovery time from Rhinoplasty at 55 y.o.?

I am seriously considering rhinoplasty. At my age 55, would it heal well enough to look good? and would the recovery time be very long? I mean very much longer black and blue, swelling and to see a glimpse at final results.Thank you so much.

Age Not as Important as Your Wellbeing

Age is certainly a consideration when planning cosmetic surgery, but it matters less than your overall health and how well you care for yourself following surgery. Those things will ultimately determine how your results develop. Although it can take up to 1 year for swelling to completely subside, you should have a very good idea of your results by 1 month after surgery. Good luck with your decision!

Tucson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing time for nasal surgery

I generally have patients take a week off after surgery. You'll want to sleep on your back for a couple of weeks to avoid accidentally rolling onto the nose. You should be careful around children and pets and when putting on clothes for at least a month. Also, no glasses for 6 weeks. Bruising and swelling are variable and depend on surgical techniques and your own healing.

Garrett H. Bennett, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Rhinoplasty for 55 Year Old

As long as you're in good health recovery will not be any different in you than in a younger person. Depending on what is done I typically tell patients to allow 10-12 days before returning to normal personal and professional activities.

Recovery time for 55 year old person

A 55 year old person should heal the same as a younger person.  Best of luck with you decision to me forward.

Rhinoplasty at age 55

A rhinoplasty procedure can be performed age 55, as long as patient's are in good health. Anticipate visible bruising and swelling for 2 weeks after the surgery. The cast will stay on the bridge of the nose for one week. Full healing will take one year or all the residual swelling to subside out of the tip of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure

Hello and thank you for your question.   I advise patients that you will have a splint on your nose for one week after surgery.  I frequently perform rhinoplasty in patients your age.
It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Downtime after rhinoplasty surgery is typically 7-10 days postoperative.

There is slightly more downtime after rhinoplasty if your age is over fifty because under eye skin is thinner and more likely to bruise. In our experience, with artful concealer, social activities may be resumed around 7-10 days postoperative.
Hope this helps.
Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing time after Rhinoplasty

The healing process after rhinoplasty goes on for at least a year. So u have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. Fro most people that would be 2 weeks. Age doesn't really make a great deal if any difference. 2 weeks is chosen because the bruising is done, the swelling has resolved to a point u don't look clearly swollen and u have started to feel okay enough to get back to ur regular life.