Almost a month already and no round butt? (Photos)

Its almost a month and before sergury I been telling the dr I wanted a round butt (a nice lifted round butt),but when I take off my garment it looks oval.its lifted but there's no volume on the bottom..very deppressing.I have fam and friends asking why the bottom is not filled and looks weird..MY daughter calls my butt a flat bowling balls...And I wear my faja all day.over 500cc was transfered to each of my buttocks. So frustrated and depressed

Almost a month already and no round butt?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...it is too soon to see final results, after at least 8 months you will see them, and also, are you using your garment 24 hours?

You are relatively early on in the healing process.  It is a bit difficult to evaluate results at this time.  Also it is difficult to evaluate through clothing.

Results after your BBL

You are concerned that your butt is not round. Without seeing pre-op photos and knowing exactly what was done during the surgery, it is impossible to comment. That being said, keep in mind that it takes months to see final results from your surgery and your butt will continue to change for up to a year. If you have questions about your results, you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Buttock augmentation

Without seeing before and afters, it is hard to say, but maybe not enough fat was injected especially in the lower pole.  Best of luck.

Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon. You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.

Best of luck!!

Rami Ghurani, MD

Flat buttocks

Great question!

The main things to focus on after surgery to keep your results or increase your result include:

1. Reduce the amount of buttock skin contraction.
    1.   THE PROBLEM:   In surgery, the fat-grafts are injected into your buttock's subcutaneous tissue. The pressure of the fat-grafts in the subcutaneous tissue has to overcome the contraction of the skin of your buttocks and stretch the skin into a projected shape.   During the postop healing time,  your buttock at skin will want to return to its old shape and compress your fat-grafts reducing the effect of increasing your buttock size and shape.  
    2.  THE SOLUTION:   
      1.  Do not wear restrictive garments or restrictive clothing over the buttock area. 
      2. Always use thigh bolsters when in the seated position to remove pressure from the buttock skin.
      3. Do not attempt to loose weight or work out with squatting for 6 months. You want to maximum skin stretch even if you gain weight..  
      4. Allow gravity and Adema to stretch the skin while you sleep. Use a army sleeping cot from target or other department store and modify the sleeping cot so that your buttocks are allowed to project through a hole that you cut into the canvas. And when you're sleeping on your back, your buttocks are the lowest point of your body and swell with edema and fluid overnight.  This will stretch the skin of your buttocks and maintain projection. 
  1. Allow gravity and Adema to stretch the skin while you sleep. Use a army sleeping cot from target or other department store and modify the sleeping cot so that your buttocks are allowed to project through a hole that you cut into the canvas. And when you're sleeping on your back, your buttocks are the lowest point of your body and swell with edema and fluid overnight.  This will stretch the skin of your buttocks and maintain projection. 
  2.  Do not reduce the amount of oxygen delivered to the growing fat in your butt. 
    1.  The fat – grafts transferred from your trunk into the buttocks stimulate the normal buttock fat and muscle cells to multiply. One of the theory suggests that the transferred fat-grafts emits growth factors because it losses oxygen supply down to 20% of normal.   The fat graft is tricked into a state of gestational growth as if it is time to grow a new baby in the mother's womb because the amniotic fluid has approximately 20% oxygen.  
    2.  For the growing fat and muscle cells in your buttocks, you need additional oxygen supply and nutrients and vitamins. It would be advisable to take a prenatal vitamin for possibly six months after your BBL surgery to supply the new cells with the appropriate amount of nutrition. Also would be advisable to become more of a vegetarian diet to increased the immune system and decreased the amount of toxins that you take and when you eat dairy and meat.
    3.  Avoid chemicals that cause vasoconstriction of blood vessels to your buttocks. Avoid nicotine and caffeine for six months. Avoid anything such as caffeinated chocolate , Energy drinks, etc. 
    4. Avoid direct pressure over the fat graft area for the first two months after surgery. The growing fat cells have weak desmosomes and you can shift the fat-grafts away from an area in the buttocks where it will become flat if you set on it or sleep on your buttocks directly.

I wish you well for your recovery process through your recovery process,

James S McAdoo DO FACOS,  

AOA dual board-certified general, plastic/reconstructive, micro surgery surgeon