Why is my butt is losing volume on the bottom? (photos)

Why Im loosing volume.the bottom of my butt cheeks is sagging and its not looking round. Both cheeks are diffrnt and I feel is not lifted on the bottom. So frustrated. My butt supposed to be round and lifted.

BBL results changing?

Thank you for your question. You are likely seeing changes as a result of decreasing swelling.  After surgery there is a predictable swelling process that mostly resolves over two months, when the final result really settles in.  The fat that survives is there permanently. Around 70% of fat that is grafted is typically expected to survive long term. We also put a little extra to account for loss of fat post operative, which is reabsorbed gradually by the body.

60%-80% of the fat will survive. Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon. You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.

Best of luck!!

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL

The volume will vary as the swelling subsides.  You will likely see changes over the first 6-8 weeks.

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Your buttocks will look slightly smaller than it did right after surgery because the swelling will begin to resolve and some of that fat cells will not survive. Fat survival after fat grafting depends on a few things such as technique used, anatomy, genetics, post operative care etc. Best case scenario, usually about 70% of the transferred fat will survive. Within the first 6 months, about 30% of the fat cells will not survive and will be reabsorbed and passed through your body. Whatever fat is remaining after 6 months, is what will remain as long as your weight remains stable. You may undergo a second BBL procedure after 6 months, if you have an adequate amount of fat on your body to harvest. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon