Yellow stuff along labia minora 2 days after labia minora reduction. (photo)

Hi! I had a labia minora reduction two days ago. I have been a bit swollen, but otherwise a little pain. I use an antiseptic cream morning and evening and a form of antibiotic against swelling and infection. I have taken it easy since my surgery, although I feel pretty good. Today I saw that I've got something yellow stuff there, and are not sure what it could be? Is it healing right? No remarkable pain, it only looks different than yesterday. The white in the picture is just the antiseptic cream.

2 days after labiaplasty

Based on the post-surgical image you provided, it appears that your area heals appropriately. There is minor swelling, which is expected 2 days after labiaplasty. As to the yellow discharge, it is part of a normal healing process. You are taking a good care of this area; therefore you should be able to see improvement of the symptoms with time. 

Best regards,

Yvonne Wolny, MD

2 days after labiaplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best regards,

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Labia minora reduction.

Hi there and thank you for your question and photo.  You appear to have had the labia minora trimmed and there is some bruising and swelling.  The yellow crust would be serous fluid discharge from the wounds which is normal.  You should ask your surgeon about showering or salt baths to help the healing.  I also recommend for my patients MLD therapy to reduce the post-operative swelling.  Good luck with your recovery.

Labia minora reduction.

Yellow stuff along labia minora 2 days after labia minora reduction.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that you have had a small amount of serous drainage from your incision sites accounting for the yellow appearance along your tissues.  This is quite normal after a procedure and should not be of concern.  Otherwise you are healing well for two days after surgery and should anticipate a very nice result.  Best wishes.

Post op labiaplasty x 2 days

Dear Student97:

Thanks for sharing.  It appears you are healing well and there doesn't appear to be any evidence of infection.  Your healing is normal for only 2 days out from surgery.  Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Post op labiaplasty x 2 days

Dear Student97:

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai