Who is the best surgeon in the world? I need a reconstruction in my Pelvic/vagina!

I want to see the best suregon in the world. I allready had a laparaskopic hysterectomi because of cystocele and rectocele, i have a broken ligament or muscle on the right side. I altso have s rectocele operation to repair the broken backwall in the vagina andfor thigtenen my vagina and a perineum plasty. My vagina was connected with mesh, but now i feel my cervix hanging very low and i Can feel my bladder bulging info my vagina. I am altso very vide-especially to the right side.

Reconstructive vaginal surgery

Dear FrkFjong:

Thank for sharing your personal medical problems here on RealSelf.   After reviewing you letter it is apparent that you have had surgical failure after having a hysterectomy for what is known as vaginal prolapse.   I do not want to correct what you are saying because perhaps your surgeon told you  that he was going to perform a hysterectomy because of a cystocele and rectocele------ but one does NOT perform a hysterectomy for neither a cystocele or a rectocele.  This would not be appropriate.  A hysterectomy can be performed for uterine prolapse and you could have had a cystocele and rectocele also present.  If your vagina was reconstructed with mesh it would be very important to understand where your surgeon placed the mesh. Was it from he vagina to the tailbone?  ( sacrocolpopexy), was it used for your cystocele or rectocele?  

have you had intercourse yet and if so was there pain associated with it? 

John R Miklos MD

Urogynecologist & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgeon 

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Recurrent pelvic prolapse in need of a repair

You are describing a very common problem - recurrent pelvic prolapse following reconstruction. You are right in looking for the best possible surgeon to perform your next procedure. There are many good surgeons in Norway, but if you feel you've already seen the best in your country, then you should be prepared to travel.

You need to look for a Fellowship-trained Urogynecologist with experience in both Reconstructive and Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery. You should interview more than one. I would be happy to be considered amongst the ones you consult with. Please see link below where you can find information for our patients who travel from abroad.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist