Working out before and after a BBL?

i've been working out for a while now, but aren't really seeing the results I want. Thinking of getting a brazilian buttlift, not only for the butt, but also to get more of an hourglass figure. If I keep working out (such as aquats, hip thrusts etc), before I get the bbl, will this improve the results of the procedure? And if i keep working out after I get the bbl to build muscle underneath the fat, will this improve the results, or make my butt look worse?

#BBL #Brazilianbuttlift #plasticsurgery

Hello isaaas, Thank you  for your awesome question! Your bio is very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. Each surgical procedure has it's own set of pre operative instructions. Your surgeon's preference and your health history play a role in what goes into your pre operative instructions. Eat a balanced diet, don't smoke, exercise, get plenty of rest.

I perform many BBL plastic surgeries on patients from all over the country.  I would recommend you have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  *On faculty at local plastic surgery teaching program -- in our office we are affiliated with both Duke and UNC schools of plastic surgery.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best in your journey.  My sincere best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Does exercise help BBL results?

Yes, exercise will help provide healthy tissue for the fat transfer and having good muscle tone will help give you best results. Exercising the buttocks starting at three weeks postoperative (approved after physician examination) can greatly enhance the result. The injected fat cells flourish with the extra blood supply that is provided by exercise of the gluteal musculature. Healthy buttocks muscles help maintain volume and lift the buttocks further enhancing the result. In addition regular exercise keeps the patient in good overall shape and prevents recurrence of excess body fat around the waist and trunk. It sounds like a BBL will help you achieve your desired aesthetic results. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Working out before and after a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. you always can workout, but I recommend that after surgery you shoul wait at least 8 weeks and then start to do cardio, because your skin will be very sensitive, it's going to be hard for you to move now and then.. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL

Glute-targeting exercises can be beneficial in growing the gluteal muscles and giving you a perkier, rounder buttocks but you want to cautious of the workouts you are doing and your nutrition. An important key to long lasting results after a BBL is maintaining a stable weight. If your weight fluctuates too much then this can affect your results. If you maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle without losing or gaining significant weight then you should be able to see long lasting results from your BBL. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon