Vaginoplasty abroad?

Im considering having a new vaginoplasty done, and is thinking about going abroad to find a doctor with more experience. Where do I start? I know it is a difficult question, but I would be very pleased if some of you have som tips that could help in this prosess. How do I know if a surgent is good or not?
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Doctor Answers 3

Seek a Board Cerified Surgeon Who Specializes in Vaginoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is imperative to find a surgeon who is #Board Certified.
Board #Certified Plastic Surgeons may have experience and training in performing #vaginoplasty surgeries.
Training in reconstructive #genital surgery and transgender surgery along with experience in aesthetic procedures, provide Plastic Surgeons with special skills to perform these operations.Some gynecologists and uro-gynecologists have special interest and training in this aspect of women’s care.
One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.
Also, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Traveling into the NYC area makes for an excellent vacation + surgery experience

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I have patients fly in for this type of surgery on a regular basis. We start the conversation via email or Skype, photos are sent as needed, blood tests are done before you travel and you're free to travel again 1-2 days after this type of surgery. It's a very popular option.

Vaginoplasty abroad?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
bun face

I am not sure why you are looking to have a vaginoplasty abroad when really state of the art vaginoplasty originated and was perfected in the USA.  I know of no one in the world that has the experience of gynecologic surgeons  who were trained int he USA but if I am sure you can find a surgeon in China, Egypt, or Tanzania where you can get your surgery for pennies on the dollar.  Good luck..  That being said that is your choice and I am not sure how you will find a qualified, experienced, expert abroad to perform your surgery. I guess the best way is too look online and see what you can find.

John R Miklos MD
Atlanta -BeverlyHills ~ Dubai

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.