Urgent help! Possible breast implant infection! (photos)

I had a boob job on July 19th. I think that I now may have an infection. I am in no pain, but there's liquid drainage from the "wound", which I've just realised hasn't healed accordingly to the rest of my scars. I'm not feeling under the weather either and there's no swelling. I've booked a doctor's appointment for tomorrow, but I'd really like instant advice for what to do!

Infection

You are right to have an appointment in person to be assessed as soon as possible. Wound issues and infection must be seen and treated by Your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Breast lift and augmentation - do I have an infection

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and augmentation.
  • You are right to be concerned -
  • Fluid draining from a breast lift/augmentation is a real concern.
  • You have done the right thing by seeing your surgeon -
  • For now, you should follow your surgeon's advice, keep the wounds covered and report any changes to your surgeon's office.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Urgent help! Possible breast implant infection!

Thank you for your question. From your photos it appears as though your healing is compromised. Please contact your surgeon to discuss best care options. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Infection

I would suggest painting Betadine on the open area about 3 times a day, and see your doctor tomorrow. You may just have a superficial area not healed after the scab came off, but you don't want to get an infection. I would also keep a dressing over the area. Your doctor can check you and best advise you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon