Had rhinoplasty 2 years ago, and I think my nasal bridge is too low. Is this possible to fix? (Photos)

Had rhinoplasty 2 years ago, and I think my nasal bridge is too low. Is this possible to fix?

Fixing a Low bridge after rhinoplasty

There are a few ways of doing this.  You can do it nonsurgically using a filler that is placed onto the dorsum to raise the bridge.  It is a very natural look and takes 10 minutes to do with about 24 hours of downtime and lasts a year.  In a year, you can decide if you want to have it treated nonsurgically or move on to something more permanent, such as a revision rhinoplasty using cartilage or an implant to raise the bridge.  The decision depends on whether you're mentally prepared to go through another surgery and the swelling that goes along with it that lasts a year or if you're wanting more of an immediate change and think about having surgery again or until you can find the downtime to have the surgery...but, yes, you have options. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty to fix a low bridge

It is possible to fix the low bridge after the primary rhinoplasty. This usually involves placement of a cartilage graft across the bridge line of the nose in order to build up that area. It's important to know how much cartilage  is left in the nasal septum for grafting purposes.

Hello havais - Thanks for your question. Yes, a revision rhinoplasty to augment the bridge is possible.  I prefer the use of DCF (diced cartilage-fascia) grafts to fill out the bridge in a nice feminine manner.  If surgery isn't of interest to you, then injection of filler (hyaluronic acid) can be used to nonsurgically fix the low bridge.  Filler, however, isn't permanent and will need to be repeated on a yearly basis.  I would recommend that you consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist in your area for more information.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Very Low Nasal Bridge

You very low nasal bridge can be corrected by a revision specialist. I prefer diced cartlage/fascia grafts which will give you a defined feminine nose.

Raising Bridge Height With Revision Rhinoplasty

It is good that you have waited enough time so that your final result can be addressed, and all of your swelling has gone.  One of the things that a revision rhinoplasty can address is bridge height.  If you are unhappy with your result, please do seek out an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.  Read his or her reviews, and ensure that he or she is a board certified plastic surgeon.

Revision nose

havais, yes you can get this improved. See an experienced expert who does "only faces" and has good photos. See video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing low dorsum

A low dorsum can be fixed with grafts or implants. Best to be evaluated in person.  Good luck..........

It might not be your bridge, but rather your tip.

You have a tip that is strong in its forward projection away from your face. It's not excessive, but I experimented with a modification that shows bringing the tip of your nose back closer to your face, rather than building up the bridge. See the "Web reference" link, just below my post here, to see the modification.      In the modification, it might look like I built up the bridge, but really I just brought back the tip.     Neither change is simple. Building up the bridge has lots of potential complications, and bringing back the tip of the nose, or "deprojecting" it, is a task that most plastic surgeons cannot handle with expertise. And everything's harder in a revision.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.       Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them -- so you know whether it's enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Low Nasal dorsum

Dear havais,

A revision rhinoplasty can be done to improve your nasal profile, if you feel your dorsum is too low. You can use grafts to give your nasal bridge more height. Different methods are available to do this, including using your own cartilage such as septal or rib cartilage. I recommend an in office consultation with your rhinoplasty surgeon so you can best communicate your desires. Your surgeon can can do a clinical exam and review options with you and discuss what is achievable. Best of luck.

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Question regarding revision rhinoplasty

You have a cute nose with good facial harmony.  If you feel that the dorsum is a little low then a small graft can be placed for improved contour fullness.  This is a straightforward adjustment with little risk if done correctly to minimize late cartilage warping.Be sure to see a surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can show you a comprehensive portfolio of his/her work so you can gauge surgical experience and the types of results that are reasonable to expect.