Juvederm under eye pillows. Any suggestions? (photos)

I've got some juvederm under eye to fill out hollows 1 month ago and i wondering is it still hope or should get hyaluronidase? I have been trying to massage it but it doesn't seem to have much effect. Is it anything else i can take to get it out of the face exept of hyaluronidase?

Juvederm for under eye area gave pillows

I'm sorry this has happened to you. This is not the right product for this area. Besides that, it doesn't look like it was correctly injected. Do you have confidence in this person. I'd seek out another opinion and get dissolved. This won't get better on its own. I use exclusively Restylane for this area. Please see link.

Tear Trough Filler

Thank you for sharing your questions and photos. I recommend returning to your injector to have the lumps of filler dissolved with hyaluronidase. If the lumps have persisted for a month even with regular massage, dissolving the filler is the best option. For the tear trough area, I prefer to use Restylane, which tends to look more natural and has less risk of swelling. I also like to use the microcannula technique for injecting filler, which only requires one needle stick on each side and allows filler to be injected evenly for a natural looking result. For future treatments, I recommend considering an injector who will use Restylane with the microcannula technique for the tear trough area. Best of luck. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

#FFG #plasticsurgery #Juvederm

Hello missgloria, thank you for your excellent question. Without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you.  If you decide to seek a second opinion, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person, preferably one who has these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Kind regards, Brian Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm under eyes

Juvederm isn't the best product for under eye treatment as it draws a lot of water.  If massage hasn't helped then I would recommend hyaluronidase.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Reversing Juvederm

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. What you are seeing is the result of poor technique and poor product choice (I much prefer Restylane for tear trough area). I recommend having the product completely dissolved and starting from scratch with a different physician who is an expert in this procedure. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Under Eye Pillows

Juvederm works by attracting fluid to an area.  Sometimes it holds more fluid than we want.  This is especially true under the eyes.  Swelling can resolve over the first two weeks.  However some people have swelling that lasts for months, I recommend waiting a total of two weeks from the time of your treatment.  If there is still swelling at that point, it is advisable to have the Juvederm dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Restylane Silk, Belotero Balance & Teosyal Redensity II Are Good Filler Choices For The Under Eye Region

I'm so sorry you are having this problem. Unfortunately, given that you were treated with Juvederm, the untoward result you are experiencing is hardly surprising. Juvederm is well known for absorbing a lot of tissue water from the surrounding area, which is likely what is contributing to the "pillows" or lumps under your eyes that are now troubling you. Of course, improper injection technique may also be contributing. A better choice for the undereye region until recently was dilute Restylane. More recently, however, Restylane Silk, which has replaced the need to dilute the Restylane,  Belotero Balance (the latter being my preference in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice), and Teosyal Redensity II (my choice in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available) are the preferred fillers for injecting superficially within the delicate skin under the eyes for treating tear troughs, dark circles, and bags under the eyes. 

At this juncture, it is likely that you will need to have the filler dissolved with hyaluronidase, after which you would do well to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified, aesthetic physician. Going forward, it would be wise to avoid medspas and novice injectors trained only in injecting ordinary Juvederm and Restylane into simple smile lines. Wishing you all the best.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Juvederm in Tear Trough

I do not like to inject Juvederm in the tear trough area for this exact reason.  It has a tendency to be lumpy and boggy in this region.  I prefer to inject Restylane in this area.  I believe the best option for you will be to remove the Juvederm with Hyaluronidase.  

Juvederm under eye pillows. Any suggestions?

Juvederm is not the correct filler for this area of the face. Hyaluronidase is your best option at this point to dissolve the Juvederm. Please make sure to see an experienced injector for this and any future treatments. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm under eyes

A month out from injection, the majority of lower lid swelling should be resolved.  Juvederm is a water-loving hyaluronic acid product, and is not my favorite choice for the lower lids.  I prefer Restylane in this area,  I think you would do well to find a Dermatologist, Plastic surgeon, or Facial Plastic surgeon to work with you, and pursue dissolving the previously placed Juvederm with hyaluronidase, and returning at a later date to place Restylane into the areas of concern.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon