Tuberous breasts: 27 yr old, 181cm, 90kg. Advised 500-600cc silicone HP over the muscle. Will this look good? (photos)

Recommend to cut all the strings that's holding my breast back. then to have 500-600cc texture silicon drops formed over the muscle. I don't feel that I need to fix my big aroles, but I wish for bigger and rounder boobs. I fear the double bobble . I don't understand if over or under the muscle is better . I live in Norway and it's really hard to find doctors who have much experience with tuberouse breast. Can you please tell me what you would recommend from looking at my pic ?

Tuberous breasts

From your photos, you appear to have a significant tuberous deformity of the breasts. This is always a challenging problem to correct and generally requires several procedures over time to correct. Although placing implants over the muscle can "stretch " the breast tissue more easily, i do not reccomend it. This placement interupts much of the blood supply to the breasts and can leave very little coverage over the implants. I would recommend finding a surgeon who is experienced with dealing with this problem.

Tuberous breasts: 27 yr old, 181cm, 90kg. Advised 500-600cc silicone HP over the muscle. Will this look good?

500 to 600 cc is large.  Most plastic surgeons would probably recommend placing the implants under the muscle.  

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. you are a great candidate for the procedure, your desired size will be revised by your chosen surgeon, because since your body type is not big, you should have a smaller size as my recommendations. I think you will get very nice results with 350/400 cc's..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Will this look good?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with release of lower pole constriction bands.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tuberous Breast Correction

Thank you for your question and photo. You are correct that restrictive bands will be released/scored under and around the areola to create a rounded pocket for the implant. I would typically place a full silicone gel implant over the muscle as well in order to fill out and hold the new breast shape. I recommend that you seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this type of correction.  The implant which fits you best will depend on your specific breast measurements and ideally suit/balance your frame.

All the best

Breast augmentation with implant

You are a good size woman who will benefit from the good size implants and release of your breast strings. Sounds like you have an interested plastic surgeon who is giving sound advise. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Over or under

5-600 cc is a very large implant, to go from having little breast tissue/breasts to 5-600cc is a big jump. Also, if you do not put the implant under the muscle you will clearly see the outlines of the implant. Dealing with the areolas is another thing, size does not necessarily have to decrease, but the herniation of the fat will have to be dealt with otherwise it will be worse post-op. 

Tuberous breasts.

Thanks for this important question. I'm very surprised about the size recommendation. It seems excessive for your frame and the small and tight breasts I see in the photos. I also find that shape breast implants (Mentor MemoryShape) do much better in tuberous patients and patients with tight lower poles. Such a large breast implant and over the muscle is very likely to lead to ripples over most of your breast. I think you need to do more consultations with at least two other plastic surgeons to get additional advice. Best, Dr. ALDO

Tuberous breasts: 27 yr old, 181cm, 90kg

Need lots more information before a good recommendation can be made but from the information provided, I would consider a Allergan 410 style implant for its improved lower pole projection and ability to stretch where you need it most. I would use a dual plane approach to allow the stretch to be on the skin but the upper pole to be below the muscle for better mammograms.  410 implants fit your body like a shoe fits your foot, so what ever size fits your frame is the best size. See a board certified plastic surgeon who uses this style implant frequently for best results. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon