I would like to know about topical application of pumpkin seed oil for hair loss treatment..?

PSO has been found to reverse hair loss, but this study involves patients taking PSO orally. I am planning to apply PSO topically. Kindly guide me if it is good idea to apply PSO topically..?if applied can it be absorbed directly into the blood and block DHT production and if doing so is there any possibility of having similar side effects as propecia.  Thanks in advance for answers..!!

Effect of pumpkin seed oil on AGA hair loss?

omnivora,There has been one study in Korea that was double blind, placebo controlled comparing patients treated with pumpkin seed oil with a placebo.In the photographic analysis, the researchers found that 44% of the group taking the pumpkin seed oil slightly or moderately improved hair growth, while 51% were unchanged and 2.7% - actually just one patient – had slightly more baldness at the end of the six months. In comparison, among the placebo group, 28% had increased baldness and 64% were unchanged, while only 7.7% were slightly or moderately improved in hair growth.Further studies are recommend to test these results and elucidate the mechanism of action.
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pumpkin seed oil

I am not familiar with the benefits of taking this oil orally. This is not documented where I can read it in the clinical scientific journals. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pumpkin seed oil

Pumpkin seed oil has been studied in one study. It does not reverse hair loss. However, it may provide benefit.Studies of topicial PSO have not been done but penetration through the epidermis will be a limiting factor as well as sufficient concentrations.