Bottoming out/too high nipple 2 weeks post op? (Photo)

Thank you so much for answering my first question, i have one more. My surgeon said the nipple will lower once the breast settles, but i have read here that high nipples only will get worse? I had my lift due to low areolas after breastfeeding and 240 cc silicone round profile unders at the same time. Thank you!

Nipple position

The nipple position will not lower with time. Best as this point to follow closely and see how things settle with time.

Nipple position after breast surgery

You are still in the early stages of your recovery so its difficult to predict your final results.  That said your breasts will continue to soften and settle so while you will see further changes its more likely your breast tissue will settle lower and your nipples will remain in the same position.  At this stage you just need to be patient and keep your surgeon updated with your progress.  

Post Op Nipples

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. You  are correct that your nipples will not lower any more at this point. The best thing is to address this concern with your PS and make sure that you are happy.

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Position

As the implants settle, the nipple position may rise. It will not lower. If it becomes an issue, likely revision along the lower fold may be required. Nothing to do now other than wait. I would recommend you wear an underwire bra to try to prevent further descent of the implants. Get a comfortable one that you can wear day and night and see if that helps. Best wishes. 

Implant movement

From your photos and considering you are fresh post-op, your implants will likely settle some more, which will give your nipples the appearance of moving "up" on the chest, IF the implants bottom out you might need a small revision. 

Bottoming out

One side looks like it may bottom out.  But this can be corrected by revising the excess skin of the lower pole.  It can maybe even be done in the office under local anesthesia.  Otherwise you should have an excellent result.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Too high for nipples

From lloking at your photos your impalnts will settle which means they will come down and as they do your nipples will move up.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon