Too big implant pockets?

hi, got my augmentation done 3 months ago. everything is fine except the right breast. when i lay down i can move it back and forth. much more than i can with the left one. i can feel the left is sitting where it should, but the right one is loose. what is the alternatives to resolve this? do i need more surgery? it hurts when i have sex because it moves all over and its heavy. like i said, the left one is fine.. hm :(

Visit a PS

Thank you for the question. It would be difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. It is possible that your pocket is too big but best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

See your surgeon

Without an exam, it is impossible to say if your pocket is too large. However, given the fact that you are uncomfortable, I would suggest that you see your surgeon and find out what's up and what can be done to fix it. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Pocket too wide for my implant

Regretfully if you want to do something about this in all likelihood this will require surgery.There are three options: a capsulorrhaphy which in layman's terms is running a dart down the inside of the pocket to narrow the width of the pocket; option 2 if there is a defined capsule, a new pocket , if under the muscle neosubpectoral, narrower than the existing pocket could be created; option 3 place a piece of Strattice to narrow the pocket and provide support on the side wall.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well. I recommend you to visit your surgeon for a check up. because can be that, or something else that only your surgeon can tell

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implant pockets

it is possible that your pocket is too large. It is difficult to say without an exam. Best of luck. You might want to discuss this with your surgeon.

Too big implant pockets?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear about your troubles with your R breast implant.  It sounds as if the pocket of your implant is a bit big and is causing displacement of your implant.  Only an in-person examination, or a series of photographs, would help diagnose this however.  Unfortunately if your breast implant pocket has stretched, it will take revision breast surgery to correct it.  

Too big

If the pocket is too roomy, it can be made smaller by suturing from the inside. This requires surgery and I do not do this until at least six months after surgery to ensure most changes have stabilized and the capsule tissue I will be working with is "mature". make your surgeon aware of your concerns and be patient until time for a final evaluation to determine your options - if any are required.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Pocket of the implant

Hello. Thank you for your question. From the information that you give us  maybe be you're right. The bad news is that this can only be corrected with surgery. We must remove the implant and make  smaller  the pocket where the implant is. My best wishes.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Moving implant

Without an exam, is very difficult when to ascertain what's going on. Either one breast is to lose and the pocket is too large or there's some small amount of capsular contractor of the opposite side. I would go back to your operating surgeon to discuss options. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS