I'm 26 year old female. Want to ask If it is possible to do Coolsculpting?

Hips: inner,external,arms,belly q calf ...on a same one time at the one day!?

Multiple Areas and Same Day Treatment

Coolsculpting is amazing at treating all of the areas of the body that you described. However, I try to split up the procedures to two days. More than four hours of treatment is a lot in one session. I prefer to wait to see how my patients tolerate the procedure and return the following week for the other areas. For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist who has all of the latest coolsculpting adapters.

CoolSculpting of multiple areas

Without more information it is not possible to determine if you are a good candidate for treatment.  The abdomen, flanks, back fat, and outer thighs respond well in those patients who are deemed to be good candidates. Inner things can also be treated but you need to make certain the person performing your treatment is experienced in treating this region as it does require some nuance to avoid problems.  Calves and arms are tougher.  You should be evaluated and treated by a highly experienced practitioner.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting: If You Can Grab It, You Can Treat It

CoolSculpting is a great procedure for those who are candidates for the procedure(s). I say procedures because most patients require several treatments to get their desired results. The concept with CoolSculpting has always been that if you can grab it you can treat it.  Up to 20% of the treated area’s fat will be removed so it is imperative that diet and exercise are part of the “routine.” And now, we treat to what we call “Treat to Transformation”: treating areas on multiple body parts to make everything look the best that you can have. Your abdomen, love handles and thighs can be easily treated with CoolSculpting.I always encourage everyone to seek a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure and what any other options are. Lots of people are performing CoolSculpting and just because one has it, it does not mean everyone is a “fit” for it. But if you are, you will be pleased.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting on the arms, belly calves

Dear Victory008:

CoolSculpting (CS) is a non-surgical but limited way to reduce localized fat in small bulges of skin. "Treatment to Transformation" is a series of CS to provide a smallish liposuction-like contouring similar to your request. Up to 20% of the fat cells in the bulge of skin CoolSculpted will be eliminated. Technically, many areas can undergo CS in one day using a single or multiple applicators. 

In order to maintain the improvements, you will need to consider a lifestyle modification or the fat will redistribute to the other 80% of cells not removed by this process or to other areas of the body. 

There are reasons in which CS should not be performed so it is best to consult with a well experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if CS or other options are best for you.

I hope this was helpful! All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting On Multiple Parts of The Body

If you are determined to be an appropriate candidate for CoolSculpting, then it can be done on every area you mentioned except for the calf area. The reason we don't treat the calves is that there is not an appropriately sized applicator for this area and the fat is usually not "pinchable". The abdomen, flanks, and thighs have been FDA-approved. We have treated the arms of several patients "off-label" with good results. Again, an in-person consultation is required to determine whether you are a good candidate for the treatment and how many treatments you will need. Hope this helps answer your question!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting treatments

It is possible to treat the inner and outer thighs with CoolSculpting.  The other areas that are commonly treated are the abdomen and the sides (love handles) just above the hips. Arms can be treated but are considered an off-label area because that particular area has not been FDA-approved as yet.  I have never treated the calf area and you would need to be examined to determine if this might be an area that could be treated in you.  Generally speaking, the calf area is composed mostly of muscle and not fat, and CoolSculpting will only reduce fat.  These areas could potentially all be treated the same day, but if one system is being used, each area needs to be treated for one hour and the outer thighs for two hours.  If your treating physician has more than one system, then the total treatment time could be reduced.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon