Which would you recommend; Restylane vs Perlane under eye?

Hello. I need some help. I have a while ago inserted Perlane under eyes. it does not look so good because there were two large blue lumps. I also have a vein that lies beneath one eye. I have now been removed product. but I like to try again. it is possible to try with Restylane? I felt like Perlane was too hard product for my eyes.

Injectable filler options for under-eye hollows

Although Perlane is a great filler, it is rather thick for the under-eye area. Restylane tends to provide better results. I personally recommend Teosyal Redensity II for the tear trough area. It helps address fine lines, dark circles, and deep hollows under the eyes. My patients have loved the results achieved with Teosyal Redensity II injections, and we find it extremely popular for those not yet ready for blepharoplasty (corrective eye surgery).

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or Perlane under eyes

Of the two choices, restylane is by far the better product for the under eye area.  you dont want something as thick as perlane (now know as restylane lyft) in a area of very thin skin.  However, i would also talk to your injector about belotero, sometimes that is an even better option. 

Brent Birely, MD

Restylane for the tear troughs

I prefer Restylane over Perlane for the under-eyes (aka, tear troughs).  Even though you've tried Perlane in the past, you can still pursue treatment with Restylane.  Make sure you consult with an experienced Dermatologist, as the area under the eyes is sensitive - you'll want someone who treats this area frequently.  This will give you the best result with the least risk for unwanted side effects.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane under the eyes

I prefer Restylane for the under-eye area.  Parlance (also known as Restylane Lyft) is too thick for this area, and is better for volumizing the cheek, which may in effect mask the tear trough area.  

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane or Perlane Under the Eye

Great question! I prefer Restylane for the under eye area. It gives nice results. Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon and/or certified nurse injector specialist for the treatment.

German Newall, MD

Under eye filler

Yes, Perlane (now Restylane Lyft)  is a thicker product and would not be the filler of choice for under eye treatment. I prefer using Restylane for the hallows under the eyes. It is softer and should give you very nice results for the tear trough area. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in aesthetic injectables. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Undereye treatment

Perlane which is a little more concentrated than Restylane is not a good choice for under the eye and the name has been changed to Retylane lift. under the eye injections with hyaluronic acid dco well with restylane or Belotero. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Restylane under the eyes

Perlane is a thicker form of Restylane which is thicker than Restylane.  They have re-branded it "Restylane Lyft" for use in the mid face.  It is too thick for the under eye area.  I prefer Restylane or Belotero for the delicate under eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane versus Perlane for under eyes

My preference would be to use Restylane and not Perlane for under the eyes.  Restylane is a thinner product and I think it gives smoother results than Perlane.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon