Could I get a nice result with only BA, or do I need a lift? (photos)

I think I have mild ptosis, but want to know if it is possible for me to get a nice result with just an augmentation? I am not looking for really big breasts, just a fuller and rounder look, planning 260cc - 300cc silicone. My breasts got smaller due to weight loss, bra size went from 34B to 36A.

Could I get a nice result with only BA, or do I need a lift?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your picture you would be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation without lift,  this surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of the breast.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Breast Augmentation - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. It appears you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery, without a lift. The proper implant must be selected to fill your skin envelope. Please have an in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of what can be achieved with implants. Hope this helps and good luck.

In-Between Breast Ptosis

Hello lily3340,

Thank you for your question. As you already mentioned, you have mild ptosis, which may be corrected with a Dual Plane approach breast augmentation to some degree. Your pictures from each sides are required to make an exact decision. Your tissue elasticity, mobility and your expectations are also important for choosing the optimal treatment modality. 

Kind Regards,

Guray

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon to help you?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Do I need a lift with breast augmentation

From your photo it would appear that you would be a nice candidate for an implant alone. Only having a personal consultation with a plastic surgeon will determine whether a lift is needed to achieve your desired outcome. Measurements can be made to determine if your desired implant volume would be large enough to fill your current breast skin. Your consult will also help you determine which type or style of implant would work best for you as well. 

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

You have great shape.

The side view is best for determining nipple position, lower breast skin position to IMF (inframammary fold) and degree of droopiness.  However from your one photo we can tell you have very nice shape and minimal ptosis.  There is an increasing trend for placing implants under the gland again and not under the muscle.  You certainly would not need a lift if the implant is place in the subglandular position.  However, some studies would indicate you have a higher risk for capsule formation with subglandular implants and mammogram detection is easier with pectoral implants.  If you want your implants under the muscle then a limited mastopexy is probably indicated. That being said, the most important measurement for determining implant size is the base width of your breast.   Rest your hand on your head turn to the side the and you can see the true breast width.  If it's 12 cm then we could pick a 12 cm wide implant that is low profile for small augmentation,  medium profile for larger augmentation, etc.  No surgeon can truly predict cup size as bra sizes are not standardized. Now you do have alternatives including autologous fat grafting to the breast if you are really seeking limited size increases and are willing to be patient with results.  The benefit of fat grafting is that it's your own fat!  The limitations of autologous fat grafting is generally limited (1/4- 1/2) cup size increase with each treatment and some risks of volume atropy if the grafts absorb.   There are some surgical risks of Fat Grafting, but when done by a qualified board certified plastic surgeon your results should be very nice.

Your shape is very good now.  Your may want to consider options of Fat Grafting as the incisions are tiny, the risks are very low and there are No implants to worry about going forward.  All natural.

DGDGMD

David S. Goldberg, MD
Monterey Plastic Surgeon

I think you may not need a lift but you need to provide a side photo to be sure

i suspect you will not need a donut mastopexy but without a side photo, i cannot be sure.

a donut mastopexy, if needed, leaves a scar which is usually well hidden in the areola.

see a board certified PS

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

To Lift or Not to Lift when performing Breast Augmentation

Looking at your photos, you have only provided front views. The side view is more helpful to determine the nipple position in relation to the breast inframammary fold. If the nipple is below this fold, then a lift will be necessary. This is really a conversation that requires an in person examination and a discussion about your goals for the surgery in depth. Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for more information.

Breast augmentation/lift

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have an examination of your breasts done. At that point, the surgeon can recommend whether you need a breast lift, breast augmentation or both. From the photo you have posted, it seems as though a lift may not be necessary, a breast augmentation with implants may be sufficient to correct the slight sagging appearance and add projection and volume. At my office, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view what your breasts would look like after a lift, or view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose.  
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

Thank you for your question and for your picture. Based on the photo alone it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation only. In order to ensure that you are aware of all your options I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon.