Do I need a major Rhinoplasty? Wanted to shorten bridge and tip. Do I need a nostril reduction as well? (photos)

I am thinking of getting rhinopastly because I have a high nose bridge. I realize the nose tip also sticks out too far out. Will my nose tip become wide and unrecognizeable? Do i need a nosetril reduction if they make the tip a lot shorter? Is this a simple procedure or major one that cost a lot of extra money?

Rhinoplasty

To lower your bridge height and reshape your tip that would be considered a 'major' rhinoplasty since it treats the whole nose. As the tip is shortened it could also be narrowed so it would not end up looking wider.

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Conservative rhinoplasty for a natural result.

Conservative rhinoplasty for a natural result And not the overdone look is what u need. Look for a surgeon who does noses like yours and all of his noses look natural. Do NOT rely on imaging!

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Do I need a major Rhinoplasty? Wanted to shorten bridge and tip. Do I need a nostril reduction as well?

In order to evaluate your photos most accurately- all views of the nose would be helpful. With that said - looking at your profile and comparing it to your wish pic- it appears to be a realistic expectation. A complete Rhinoplasty would be necessary in order to address all of the elements of the nose. I would utilize a closed Rhinoplasty technique- without leaving a scar on your columella. In the right hands- you should expect a very pleasing outcome.It is a very precise operation and has to be performed by an Expert. Be sure to seek an experienced Board Certified PS with extensive experience in Rhinoplasty and a wide gallery of before and after photos