I have decided to go for butt implants and fat grafting with the little fat I have. Should I separate the two procedures? (Photo

I am afraid that if I do both fat grafting and butt implants in the same procedure I will have a higher risk of complications and less chance of making the fat survive. Should I go for intramuscular or under the muscle?

Butt implants and fat grafting, should I separate the two procedures?

I love this question, particularly because that's a great choice, if done seamlessly! Your body type suites this approach perfectly. My buttock enhancement practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape! My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  Make absolutely sure to consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon that does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. I'm very excited for you and getting closer to your goals! Your consultation should help you best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you.  See attached link for a similar combination procedure. I recommend fat with an intramuscular placement for similar body types. Good luck!

Butt implant intramuscular and fat grafting at same time

I find it very helpful to use fat as a camouflaging and icing on top of the implant. These two procedures can be performed at the same time safely. Please see results below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock implants and BBL together?

I generally do not recommend fat grafting at the same time as placing buttock implants because of a significantly increased risk of fat necrosis (ie the fat dies) and/or infection. For fat to survive it must be grafted into muscle, however that is also where the implant sits. Thus, if fat it injected into the implant or implant pocket then it will die and almost assuredly get infected - necessitating removal of the implant as well. Fat transfer later on must be done very carefully and cautiously, preferably by the original surgeon, for the very same reasons as above. In both instances, the risk/reward ratio is very high (meaning high risk to very low potential reward) because over 80% of the fat is likely to melt away yielding very small gains in augmentation.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt implants and fatgrafting

Fatgrafting is a very effective and worthwhile addition to buttock implants.It helps to reduce implant palpability and can enhance your shape effectively. in my pactice, I have made a habit to add fatgrafting to all my buttock implants whenever possible. This is usually a single stage procedure, grafting and implant placement are done at the same time.I hope that helps.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon